• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Rep speed study, anyone have full text?

Discussion in 'Training' started by jailynn24hb, Feb 18, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I can only find the abstract, unfortunately I dont have subscriptions to any sports journals. I am just wondering if this study equated TUT and Intensity between the groups.

The effects of eccentric and concentric t... [Eur J Appl Physiol. 2003] - PubMed - NCBI

I couldnt understand all the numbers but did a search on it and basically they got 4 groups, 2 doing negatives and 2 doing positives, half doing explosive style(plyometrics) lifting and the other half seems to be regular rep speed.

I am guessing the load was

2. xenogent

xenogent Well-Known Member

Rep speed study, anyone have full text?

I can get you nearly anything. Email me or PM your email and I will send it over.

Br

3. casse

casse Well-Known Member

AMS did a write up on a similar study on rep speed if you are interested...

Rep Speed Matters - http://advancedmusclescience.blogspot .com/2012/02/rep-speed-matters.html

4. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

thats one of the sexiest things i have read on these forums..... no homo of course. lol

5. jailynn24hb

Am I reading the abstract correctly? is it saying fast eccentric resulted in higher hypertrophy? Not sure what they were referring to when they say 180 degrees though.

6. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

I haven't read it yet...but fast eccentric movements recruit the greatest degree of type IIX fibers.

For example, on the bench press, using 90-110% of 1RM, have a partner lift it off for you. Then bring the weight down as fast as possible "catching" it about 1-2" off the rest. Have your partner raise the weight and repeat 3-6 times.

Br

ps: anyone who wants the article PM me

7. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

when you say catch it off the rest are you saying to drop 1-2" above your chest and catch it there.

8. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Yes. If you want a better explanation, google search for the perfect rep. Click on the second link and follow the link in the first post. Should give you a good idea why and how. It's basically trying to produce the greatest amount of force at the point of the turn around from eccentric to concentric during a rep, which coincides with the position of the greatest stretch for the prime movers.

9. jailynn24hb

Awesome and thanks for that.
      I just wanted to make sure because I call the stops at the top the "rest" so when he said catch 1-2" off the rest I wasn't sure if it was a short quick drop that you stop

10. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it was a typo on his part, because he explained the rest correctly I believe. You're welcome, glad I could help.