• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • *RANT* guys staring at the gym

Discussion in 'Female Bodybuilding' started by emininojiq, Aug 6, 2012.

1. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

I'm so sick of guys staring when I squat/deadlift/decline bench/etc. For my weight (although I guess I look about 15 lbs lighter?), I'm not really even lifting an impressive amount. And for the record, I don't wear revealing or skin-tight clothes (can't wait for the day when I feel confident enough and look good enough to do that... *sigh*). The other day I was DL'ing between 135-165 and there was this one guy who just stood by me and stared with a smile on his face. I can't tell if they're just amused to see a (short, chubby, not muscular) girl lifting heavy weights, they're entertained by the novelty, or if they're thinking 'oh isn't it cute this little girl is trying to get strong' or something? WTF?! And when I was squatting I can see in the mirror these two guys behind me looking at me and then smiling at each other. Look, I'm not hot, I know that, I'm not there for attention, I'M NOT THERE FOR YOU TO LOOK AT!!

Don't get me wrong, I love lifting so I'm going to keep on doing it, but I just don't understand why guys stare. I don't even mind if they look or look impressed, but what's up with the smiling?! I feel like they're laughing at me, either amused that I'm weak but trying to get stronger, or laughing because they think I'm too fat to be lifting weights (like one guy who approached me a few months ago basically told me).

/rant

2. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

*RANT* guys staring at the gym

Dafuq is this op?

And you never told us what happened to that one guy... Disappointed.

3. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Because no one has ever posted this topic before

4. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

When I first started working out there, a guy approached me and gave me a lecture about how a pound is 3500 calories blah blah blah, there are other things you could be doing to burn more calories (pointed to the treadmills). I got over it, but it makes me angry thinking about how he would NEVER have said something like that to me if I was a typical skinny fat, who actually do waste their time at the gym because they can afford to.

That one guy and I are getting along fine. But our weekday schedules don't match up so we can't go to the gym at the same time.

5. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Last edited by halfmoongirl; Today at 09:37 PM.

6. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Just pay attention to yourself and keep doing your thing. Pretty soon, the regulars will get you aren't messing around.

7. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Trust me, it is all in your head. Nobody is staring at you. Most people are too focused on their own routine to care about what other people are doing.

8. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Ummmm thanks for the gray square

9. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

thanks for the useless comments.

10. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

maybe people are just spacing out, i know ill stare at people and not mean to while im doing my 5x10, and not a single **** is given