• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • protein powder with no artificial sweeteners...is there any??

Discussion in 'Online Journals' started by Raleoxilevz, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

hey does anyone here take or knows of any protein powders that doesn’t have any artificial sweeteners in it?
      I use to take international protein synergy 5 from online OnlineNutrition.com.au which I loved and think it’s a really good product (thanks ON for recommending it) but I’m now looking for something without the sweeteners in it.
      So has anyone got any recommendation or do you sell something like this ON?
      Cheers

2. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

protein powder with no artificial sweeteners...is there any??

Whey protein tastes very bad when it isn't sweetened that is why people add sweeteners. If they added real sugar the nutritional panel wouldn't look anywhere near as good as what it does. Out of all the artificial sweeteners out there Sucralose is the least worst, yes its not good but it's not the worst.

Most foods contain it and our government has no problem with it being used, yes it would be nice for it to have no Sucralose but then it wouldn't taste very nice.
      The amount within synergy 5 is minimal at best.

You will be able to find raw whey products which contain no Sucralose but these proteins just dont taste very good and most people tend to either try and stick it out or go back to something they like the taste of.

3. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Alternatively you could eat whole foods for your protein source..

4. 88brah

88brah Well-Known Member

thanks guys I was just hoping at the best that something would have a sweetener like stevia which is 100% natural.
      any reason why I have asked I come from a diabetic family and without a doubt I’ll end up with it someday and the old man really into health and natural products
      I guess it dates back to his hippy days PMSL.
      I have had 100% natural NZ whey b4 and ON your right it really taste like S***.
      Looks like ill be putting in a order with you again ON soon. I still think synergy 5 is one of the best proteins on the market 
      Thanks RF1964 I’m working a 7 day 3000 cal diet atm and getting all my protein from that I think I going to find it hard atm

P.S the old man’s hippy way has paid off a few years back I was meant to go in for a triple bypass but after researching it he didn’t want to go under the knife.
      After a new diet within 6 months all his tests showed he no longer needed one. A lot of things i read on here he has been doing for years.....maybe his not losing it LOL

5. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Glad to hear about the old man mate. It's amazing what can be done without evasive surgery especially a by-pass.

6. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

almost every health issue is diet or exercise related

7. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

I used unflavoured unsweetened whey from protein direct once and honestly it had no taste, supposedly high quality whey doesn't taste like shit
      Either way if I wanted flavour I just use some natural cacao powder and a little bit of honey when I had it post workout

8. Mickel

Mickel Well-Known Member

You need to try better whey if you think unflavoured tasted like shit.

It doesn't taste great but it's easily do-able. Just like having a piece of bread with nothing on it IMO.

I don't go near that shit anymore, I use stevia, xylitol and whole foods with any protein shake.

Admittedly I don't consume whey at all. I have rice protein, egg protein and pea protein all in powder form. For some reason whey doesn't go with me no matter what brand, sweetened naturally or artificially so I steer clear. But I can consume egg protein in small amounts with no problems..

9. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

pea protein isolate has stevia in it as a natural sweetner (cant remember which flavour has which) or a small amount of fructose only a tiny amount. Ive been mixing betwen strawberry, vanilla and choc p.p.i and got zero protein farts from it. Very digestable and low ph thats the main advantage over whey. Or eat more fish :p
      ZAC

10. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

the only reason i use whey at all is affordability per serve. gets expensive buying chicken breast etc to eat multiple times a day lol