• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Problem With Gym

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by defelqy, Jul 22, 2012.

1. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Hey all.

After swapping gyms twice now, I finally found a gym that was nice, had nice people etc. However, I have just been told they are shutting down :( (moving location). This was the only close-by one to where I live. Everything else is 30+ mins drive away. There is only one other gym closely but its really bad - the equipment is all over the place, nothing is labelled etc - hence I left it and joined the new gym.

I was thinking of just buying equipment and working out at home but its pricey and also I don't have much space at home. However - I can make space and try and get everything I need esp dumbbells etc. Theo nay trouble is the chin up bar - my door frames are crap (they are against a wall) so no chin up bar will fit (I have tired so many already). Not sure what to do.

Been trying since Jan to get onto a programme and something keeps going wrong. Maybe its a sign that this whole fitness thing is just not for me :(

Thanks!

2. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Problem With Gym

could u fit in a decent multi gym? its not ideal but will have a few more options for you... can probably get a 2nd hand one for a few hundred quid

3. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Problem With Gym

stick at it bro. just find a good gym and be dedicated.. half hour away aint that bad.

4. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Problem With Gym

open a gym

5. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Problem With Gym

It can't be that bad.

Someone in my temp gym was wearing flip flops and a polo shirt. Think about that next time the 20kg db is in the 22 spot.

6. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Problem With Gym

it is bad... 30 mins to and from is 1 hr travel a day! :S Plus 1.5 hours working out (with breaks) so thats like 2-3 hours just on the gym a day.

7. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Problem With Gym

i have some money... but I'm a student... so i don't have much money. :S i could probably buy a 50kg dumbbell/barbell set but then thats it. :S what about cardio and all the other exercises?

8. Jemenony

Jemenony Well-Known Member

Problem With Gym

Yup, I saw some flip flops this morning too, but he wasn't some jerk. Quite surprised really.

9. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Problem With Gym

whys it relocating

10. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Problem With Gym

the other gym is awful. not even air conditioned and really small also (the weight lifting area). i think i almost fainted from the congestion rather then the workout lol.

Tags: