• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Please help me tighten! Im a total newbie :(

Discussion in 'Female Bodybuilding' started by vijugati8g, May 25, 2012.

1. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

New to bodybuilding please help!!
      Hi,

I am looking for advice please, i am 5"3 and weigh 140 pounds, over the last few months i lost about 2 stone and now i cannot seem to tighten my body. I have reached a plateu and even though i only want to lose about 15 pounds more the weight doesnt seem to move! I eat a lot of protein everyday and limit my sugar (recently i have cut my fruit intake when i realised the amount of sugar). I eat around 1300 calories per day, inclduing chicken breast cottage cheese whey powder and egg whites. I go the gym around 3-4 times a week for about 90mins. (its hard to fit in more time)

Please please please can someone help me get rid of this unwanted weight.. I would appreciate it so much!

2. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Please help me tighten! Im a total newbie :(

Just from reading the title I suggest Kegels..

Ok on a serious note, check the stickies out... keep track of your calories, weighing your food and such
      what do you do at the gym. 90 minutes is a long time if spent doing the wrong stuff.

3. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

saw kegels...left disappointed

4. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Hi thanks for reply i always keep a track on my calories, never ove 1300 i spend about 60mins on eliptic 1minute intervals and 30mins on abs and weights - dead list,squats,tri,biceps,shoulders etc. it used to work, but in the last ,onth i havent changed at all

5. adabook

adabook Well-Known Member

I know, but I felt bad just saying Kegels and leaving if somebody did that to me when I first started I would have been very sad.

Wow... well 1300 is probably too low, you've got way too much time on cardio and not really enough time on weights... how do you even complete all of that in 30 minutes?
      Check out the macros sticky, also make sure your checking your progress by how you look in the mirror and measuring as opposed to losing weight. Do you honestly know what you'll look like when you get to that weight? No, you should choose a goal physic you'd like to look like and use the mirror to judge your progress.

6. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

A okay.. I understand. Very true i guess its not necessarily the 15 pouds that is bothering me, its just i lost a lot of weight over two stones and i have a lot of lose skin on my abs, and untill that is totally flat i feel like i need to lose more and more weight. I think that is where ipmy approach is wrong, with weights I dont think i know how to do it properly or how to properly progress in terms of weight training. Anything ive learnt has just been through flipping through forums.

I know this is a novice question, but if i reduce my cardio time, and learn proper weight techniques will that allow me to continue to lose weight - especially in the abs area?

In terms of diet, i try and weigh all my food, when i did increase my calorie intake i felt like i was putting weight back on and reduced it again. Could you suggest why this may be?

I really thank you for your reply, it is really appreciated

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Well, i'm sure you know, but you can't target what area you're going to lose fat in first. A lot of girls lose the fat on their abs last. Try not to let that discourage you. I want those washboard abs as well and i'm putting in a lot of work and starting to see the definitition I was hoping for.
      The weights will help you put on muscle which is going to help you burn fat while you're not working out. Plus when you do cardio your losing both fat and muscle, when really you only want to be losing fat.
      If you've been dieting for awhile your body needs a break, give it some time to recoup, you don't want to starve yourself all the time, it's hell.

It takes time but you're in it for the long haul, right? Remember it's a marathon not a race.
      As far as the weight training, Almost everything i've learned has been from here as well. What better place to learn from? You have 1000's of people online that can answer the questions you have. They've been down the same road as you and can tell you what they did to get into the shape their in.
      You can check youtube as well if you're wondering about form, but i'm sure there's videos on here as well.

8. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

allow me to rephrase. saw kegels...left disappointed
      [​IMG]

9. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

I am definitely in it for the long haul, i actually enjoy training and eating healthy woop! I will have a look around.. And get some ideas about weights. Ive just calculated my basic calorie intake, its meant to be Around 1500.. That could possibly be the issue! Thank you. I wish you goodluck in your body transformation goals! Im sure you look amazing.

10. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Whos titties are those?!
      My gawd... I can't stop staring