• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Please help me make a program, I'm tired of being pathetic

Discussion in 'Training' started by remstation, May 21, 2012.

1. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

well you can already gather from my stats that i'm a pathetic weakling. i did a lot of running in high school so i was always burning more calories than i was taking in. i thought being skinny would help with my running as i was a lon distance runner; i thought muscle would just be an obstruction. i can't even begin to tell you how insecure i am about my body now that i'm in university. i'm constantly reminded of how pathetic i am whenever i see the big 6'4 225lb guys walking around campus looking swole as fuark. i can't handle it anymore, it's affecting my self esteem which causes a huge blow to my social life because people think i'm depressed all the time (which i am but i hide it to prevent burdening anyone).

well it stops NOW and it STARTS NOW! i am going to start lifting this summer and i won't stop 'til the day i die. enough is enough. my current goal of the summer (that is, from june-september) is to gain 10lbs of muscle, which would put me at 145ish. i know that is still very low for my height but it's a start. my ultimate goal is to be at least 180-190lbs by the end of my university career (3 years left). is my current goal possible? and if so please aadvise me on how i can start obtaining it.

here's some of my stats from this previous week where i went to the gym on 3 days to get an idea of where i was at strength wise.

Monday (back and bi's)

pullups - 1 and a half (will do assisted next time)
      single arm row - 30 x 5
      bb curl - 45 x 3
      db curl - 20 x 10

Wednesday (chest, shoulders, tris)

bb bench - 75 x 3
      overhead tricep extension (doulbe-handed) - 25 x 6
      incline db press - 20 x 6
      tricep pulldown cable machine - 30 x 5
      military press - 15 x 8
      lateral raises - 10 x 10 (in each arm)

Friday (legs)

squat - 75 x 5
      deadlift - 135 x 5
      db calf raises - 35 x 10 (arms got tired...)

are there any exercises i should add or take out?

2. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Please help me make a program, I'm tired of being pathetic

Goals are possible. You will have to eat a lot. Read the stickies on the Nutrition section. Start out with Babylover's Starting Strength. It's a great beginner program and your goal right now should be to put some muscle on.

3. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

stop b****ing about it and use the search functions to look for routine that best suits you ( most likely SS or Madcow).

4. remstation

Troll/10
      Your first post and you're using the word "fuark", a common misc meme.

5. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

read the stickies here and the nutrition section...read some articles on BB.com as well..some very good info for beginners

6. remstation

There's such a thing as lurking, brah.

7. Bartomo

Bartomo Well-Known Member

At this stage OP, you are a novice lifter. This isn't a bad thing. Being a novice means that you are able to get stronger multiple times a week, so it would make sense to do a program where you hit each muscle more than once a week. Look at starting strength and All Pros beginner routine. I would personally recommend starting strength due to the significantly quicker progression. You could be done in 12 weeks and be significantly stronger. 12 weeks is nothing.

Considering that you're 6 foot 2 and only 136 pounds I feel inclined to tell you to eat as much as you can, but try to eat a surplus of calories so that you gain around a pound a week to prevent excessive fat gain. Also try to consume 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight that isn't fat, (so you might start off with 120-180 grams of protein a day). It doesn't make a significant difference if you get your calories from McDonalds or from lean chicken and rice with regard to your muscle gains, (though I'm sure that you're responsible enough to not eat McDonalds all the time due to the other negative benefits like the risk of diabetes and increased blood pressure), the idea of moderation is important here.

Here's a source on a realistic amount of muscle mass a healthy male could expect to gain over time

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...potential.html

Year of Proper Training Potential Rate of Muscle Gain per Year
      1 20-25 pounds (2 pounds per month)
      2 10-12 pounds (1 pound per month)
      3 5-6 pounds (0.5 pound per month)
      4+ 2-3 pounds (not worth calculating)

You should still try to gain a pound a week due to the fact that muscle doesn't grow all the time, it comes in spikes. You might gain nearly a pound of muscle in a week then gain zero muscle the next week, so make sure you're eating enough.

If you're finding it hard to eat enough to grow then use liquid calories like milk, put weight gainer in if you want, it can be very useful.

Regarding supplements: you don't NEED protein powder unless you're having a hard time getting enough protein via food. You don't need a weight gainer if you're getting enough calories in from food.

eat well, train hard and sleep, (sleep is important)

edit: in after Eric Kanevskiy, (Eric I've been banned this past month but have found the teen section to be highly entertaining due to yourself and your antics)

8. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

That wasnt created on the misc, people use it all them time went texting

9. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

thansk for your input, this has been the most useful so far.

i'm going to take a look at the starting strength program as you suggested, i think ill get most benefits from doing this program.

in terms of eating, i just need to force myself to get off the couch and eat! i feel hungry all the time but i ignore it because i'm too lazy to make food, and when i do i eat something unhealthy like a bowl of fruit loops or a leftover slice of pizza. i'll really need to change this.

10. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

There's no such thing as healthy or unhealthy food, only healthy or unhealthy diets. There's nothing wrong with eating pizza. Personally, I eat ice cream every day and fit it into my macros, as do many others.