• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Overtrained

Discussion in 'For Personal Trainers' started by jailynn24hb, May 11, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Hi
      I hope it right place for this thread if not sorry
      I normally do this workout system
      chest Monday
      back Tuesday
      legs Wednsday
      shoulders thursday
      arms friday

This week I done chest on Monday heavy chest routine and by the way I am cutting
      and after every workout I do 30 min cardio on treadmill so in total 2 hours in gym
      Tuesday I done back cardio and after friend ask me to show him how much I can bench press so I done 140 3 times and 100kg 15 times,on wednsday same thing after legs and cardio other friend come and say I would like to see you benching like yesterday so I done 140 kg again for him,on Thursday after hard shoulder and cardio day my cousin come and I had to do it again chest 140 kg for him
      and today before I even start do my arms I know I was stupid I try to do it again for my friend and guess what happend I went down to smith machine and try to do 150 kg and I just could t move my hands of my chest ,so I try 140 same thing 130 same thing I said
      scrow this and went to do my hands and felt so week I couldnt do 60 % of my normal hands workout I felt pain all over my body.
      Is this overtraining and did this ever happend to you?
      thanks

2. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Overtrained

its not over training its muscle fatigue .

3. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Overtrained

Its prob the cardio after every workout thats slowing you down...
      overtraining is really a myth its basically under eating for the excerises your doing

4. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Overtrained

Sorry man ,could you explain what that mean

5. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Overtrained

"and after every workout I do 30 min cardio on treadmill so in total 2 hours in gym" too long = overtrained

"friend ask me to show him how much I can bench press so I done 140 3 times and 100kg 15 times".. again overtrained ur chest, no progress made there and u ruined ur Monday's session.

",on wednsday same thing after legs and cardio other friend come and say I would like to see you benching like yesterday so I done 140 kg again for him" ???? are u mad ? lol.. u train in function of ur friends expectations ?

Not gonna bother reading the rest, basically u managed to screw any progress u could have made from Monday's training and all that for showing off to ur mates how much u can bench..

Listen, u need 72hrs rest before training again the same body part so yes u would have stayed home all week w/o any training and it would have been a lot more beneficial to u.

My advice ? Do not train Chest again before mid next week.

6. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Overtrained

if you were overtraining you would be bed ridden with symptoms of flu .

all you have done is exhausted your muscles and fatigued them , they need rest and food .

your limiting your food intake and pushing the muscles beyond capability , stop showing off and use a barbell not the smiths machine .

7. djbuffnstuff

djbuffnstuff Well-Known Member

Overtrained

Yes I know it was stupid and i was probably showing off more than anything ,and I would love to use barbell if my Gym had one but unfortunately we had just smith machine or dumbells 40kg max

8. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Overtrained

fuark you need to change gyms mate .

9. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Overtrained

Fatigued and not fully recovered but not overtrained... true clinical overtraining syndrome takes week to manifest and requires a seriously heavy amount of exercise. The symptoms are pretty obvious too - loss of strength, visible loss of muscle size, flu like symptoms, loss of appetite, irritability or depression type problems and affected sleep.

10. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Overtrained

Next one is 40 km away unfortunately ,I live in Ireland and when ask them to get some barbell benches gym stuff said why just for you and few others ,normal people are fine with that what we have
      Here mate where I live nothing is allowed no gear , no abortion , no sex outside Marriage,no weed , you can't even buy contact lenses without paying 60 € before they tell you what you have to buy and you already now that
      It is Ireland

Tags: