• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Ok...Convince me regarding Evan.

Discussion in 'Bodybuilding Gossip' started by parnassto, Mar 2, 2012.

1. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

yeah...this guy.

everyone keeps kissing the ground he walks on around here as if he's the second coming of coleman.

i just don't see it.

i think he looks very good in some poses (see above). in others i find him needing significant improvement(see below), like many pros.

in sum, i haven't seen anything on stage that makes me think wolf, branch, dex have anything to fear.

[​IMG]

yup, potential...but it hasn't hit the stage yet, ever.

some of you guys act as if you're in the locker room with him and you know something we don't.

so here's your chance, what about evan should have a 3x arnold champ, the reigning arnold champ, and a top five O finisher worrying?

2. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Ok...Convince me regarding Evan.

why should wolf be concerned that this much ground is going to be covered in improvement?

[​IMG]

3. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

I myself, I'm pulling for Evan. I like the guy, I like his personality and the hard work he puts in. His "low point" so far has been placing 4th at the Arnold last year. He beat Dexter TWICE last year, at the Arnold and at the Flex Pro Show. So he's got the goods.

However, you said:

"i think he looks very good in some poses (see above). in others i find him needing significant improvement(see below), like many pros.

in sum, i haven't seen anything on stage that makes me think wolf, branch, dex have anything to fear".

So does he have improvements to make? Based on what we've seen up until last year's Arnold, OF COURSE. Until we see him onstage tomorrow, we don't know if he's made any. So we don't know what will happen.

But he's got A LOT of potential.

4. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

he's made massive gains each off season and he always comes in awesome condition, that's why he's my pick to win tomorrow

not to mention how ridiculous he looks in the pre Arnold footage on MD!

5. tausch

tausch Well-Known Member

There is no doubt he has great potential, but I cant help but think that a lot of people are getting all emotional and caught up in the hype. Yes, he has had a tremendous amount of coverage leading up to this event and yes a lot of people seem to love his humble attitude, however without both of these things I doubt everyone would be going as nuts as they are about him winning.

6. addme

addme Well-Known Member

any kai-like side by side comparison shots showing his improvement?

this is sorta where i'm sitting. if no one where raving about him, i'd say he's a talented guy who is climbing fast. with the way people talk about him though... hyperbolic is almost an understatement.

7. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Like I said, it's not all about hype. He's been successful everytime he has competed, except at last year's Arnold where he placed 4th (which isn't BAD). And he beat Dexter Jackson, who's no slouch, twice.

So it's not all about hype. He's no Zack Khan. He's actually been quite successful.

8. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

For starters those pictures are 3 years old (2009 NY pro). Here is a more recent stage video of evan from last year:

Pretty damn impressive to me

9. emininojiq

He has less flaws than Warren and Wolf and has been making improvements.

10. emininojiq

What do you think Evans main improvements are? His front double bi was a weakness last year on arms and chest especially. Do you think contender Dennis Wolf has also improved equally?