• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Nice Work!

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by fa2nzg, Feb 23, 2012.

1. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Warning: a bit of bragging comes next:

I finally did it! It has taken about 20 months to get here, but all my clothes no longer even remotely fit. I went from XL (sometimes XXL) shirts to Medium. Pants from 40 waist to a very loose 34. I had stuff over 20 years old. Now my closet is pretty bare and I'm starting a slow multi-year process of replacing my wardrobe. I am ready to go to 32 and probably even 30 size waist pants. This last weekend I bagged up everything that didn't fit anymore. Even threw away all my socks, underwear, belts, t-shirts. Donated 20 pair slacks, 80 shirts of various types, from dress shirts to t-shirts and 10 suits. It will take several $1000s to replace all this. I kept my "fat man" suit from when I was at my largest just so I can remember how big I got. I tried it on and literally, I could put TWO basketballs in the pants! Bought a Medium SLIM dress shirt the other day. I've never owned anything with the word SLIM on it in my life until now.

I have about 8-10 pounds more to go but am proceeding nicely in the final stretch to a 75 pound total loss. I finally have my calories figured out. At that point (target Memorial Day), I will weigh about what I did when I was 13 or 14 with much better body composition. For more details, see the link to "my story" in my signature. Just wish I had figured this out 10, 20 or 30 years ago, but still . . . feeling great!

Interesting side note to getting fit and losing all the weight - IT'S EXPENSIVE to keep buying new clothes, but really cool.

feelsgoodman.jpg

Every other day Push-Pull full body split with mostly compound free weight lifts
      Off days 30-45 minutes cardio
      One off day per week (sometimes)

2. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Nice Work!

Congrats!

3. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Nice Work!

Way to go!

4. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Nice Work!

Outstanding! My goal is similar to yours in getting rid of the "bigger sized " (aw hell... fat clothes). However, after the weeding out, it will be unlikely I will replace most of it. I definitely need to strip down my wardrobe. This will be the best excuse and reason.

5. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Nice Work!

I am very much in your same situation. I have huge pile of clothes on my closet floor that are too big for me. I did not do one big toss though. I am wearing medium shirts and 32" pants are loose. As I pick up clothes here or there I end up tossing bigger sizes because I need the hangers.

The clearance rack has become my friend. I like how a lot of items are in size medium on those racks.

I too will lose my last 12-15 by Memorial Day.

6. adabook

adabook Well-Known Member

Nice Work!

Excellent.

7. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Nice Work!

Good Job.

Just FYI...you could have had those suits tailored for about $50/suit (in my area) instead of replacing them. BUt, great job nonetheless!!!

8. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Nice Work!

I tried on the suits. I was told that they would have to completely deconstruct the suit - every seam and could not guarantee how it would look when they were done. So I went ahead an bought two that fit properly.

9. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Nice Work!

Congrats man

10. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Nice Work!

I've just started on a nearly identical journey. You are an inspiration and your happiness is evident in every word you type.

Tags: