• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Need To Learn

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by herunder88, Jul 21, 2012.

1. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Looking for some help please. Right im new to body building im naturally a big person but i have a bit of a belly and man boobs. I weighed in at 20stone 11lbs 3 weeks ago when i started at the gym and iv lost 1stone 2lbs and weigh 19stone 9lbs in 3 weeks. Im looking for a nice size but lean (ripped) look my diet is working but probably needs tweeking but what i really want to learn is how to weigh all my food i need to learn how much protein i need aday and fats and carbs etc and what foods are best for this, my diet at the mo is.

Meal 1, 7.00am 5 weetabix (crushed) 2 scoops whey protein mixed with water

I take 2 tubs to work each consist of a whole chicken breast each, 125grams of brown rice in each a few peas and sweet corn and a little bit of sauce.

Meal 2, 10.00am I eat half of one of the tubs.

Meal 3, 1.00pm I eat the other whole tub.

Meal 4, 4.00pm I eat the half i left at 10.00am

Then i train at the gym after work.

Meal 5, 7.00pm Evening meal chicken/fish or steak with greens and other veg.

Iv been staying away from most carbs such as bread potato pasta white rice fast food no suger no fizzy drinks i drink about 6 litres of water aday this diet i do mon to fri, sat is treat day but i still have oats or weetabix for breakfast chicken or fish with brown rice for lunch but something naughty for dinner. then sunday i have my bix or oats for breakfast then dont eat till my evening meal drinking plenty of water. im very stricked and dont cheat.

Any info and help on what i need or should be having + the weights in my diet would be much appreciated. As i said im new but dedicated and want to learn the indepth nowledge of what i need to eat and how much, thanks for your time and for reading....

2. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Need To Learn

Hello, please do not take offence but your diet is shocking, 5 weetabix! How can that be staying away from carbs?

Give some more detail about how much you actually eat and also show us your workout

Please do not take offence again but you are not naturally big, from what you have posted you are just fat.

I have no intention to cause you insult but we all had to start somewhere, so be truthful and say exactly what you eat and how you workout. That way you will get 100% good advice in the forum.

And have some reps for being honest.

3. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Need To Learn

5 Weetabix is only 64g of carbs mate. Hardly a deal breaker.

And he eats chicken and brown rice for the majority of the day. Not much variation, but fine also.

4. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Need To Learn

Last edited by Thatcca; 21-07-2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: typo

5. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Need To Learn

But in what quantity, that is what we need to know.

And weetabix are just empty calories.

6. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Need To Learn

Last edited by The Vegetarian; 21-07-2012 at 05:08 PM.

7. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Need To Learn

2 chicken breasts.

250g brown rice. OP doesn't say if this is cooked or dry weight.

And another portion of meat with veg for dinner.

Most will say he isn't eating enough and protein is low.

8. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Need To Learn

Thanks for the replys and no offence taken. I admire your honesty. And you are write we have to start some where. This is why im here i would like to learn the write things to eat at the write times and at the write weights my diet is shocking but thats why i want to learn what i have put is what i eat the rice weight is cooked, weetabix for breakfast evening meal and i have put the weights. My training is single body parts in the afternoons monday chest tuesday legs & abs wednesday arms thursday back friday shoulders i do 5 to 6 different exercises 10 to 12 reps each basic i no but i really want to learn diet and training thanks again your help is muc appreciated.

9. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Need To Learn

So howmany carbs how much protein and fats etc should i be eating a day this is thing i would like to learn...

10. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Need To Learn

U need to find your maintenance requirement of calories

This is what your body requires to stay at your current weight.

Once done this you will have to cut your calories by say 300 for first 2 weeks see how you get on.

One of the more experience heads will be along shortly to advise you more.

Get some cardio into your workout also.

You can find a lot of info on here search the getting started forum.

Tags: