• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Need some advice (REPS)

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by masoven4u, Jul 30, 2012.

1. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

About to move out of my parents place and start cooking my own food all the time.

Does 2900 cal sound like a decent estimate of my daily caloric needs?
      Disregard stats: I am 6ft @ 169-171lbs

I am using swole.me to help with tracking my diet and macro needs.

2900 cal a day
      220 grams protein
      80-100 grams fat a day
      150-200 grams carbs a day

I am shooting for a slow and steady bulk

How does that sound?

2. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Need some advice (REPS)

I would up the calories a day to 3000 and you will slowly but healthily bulk, good luck brah

3. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Need some advice (REPS)

I'd recommend around 3300 calories a day, and see how it goes. If you are lifting a lot, then you might even need more!

Also, you really don't need that much protein, 180 grams is the minimum, and I tend to stay around this amount as it allows me to eat a bit more pizza/oats (for fiber) and ice cream.

See how your bulk goes after a month, and if you're not putting on enough/going to quick, adapt your calories.

4. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Need some advice (REPS)

Put protein at your bodyweight.
      Fats toward the lower end
      And crush more carbs

IMO

5. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Need some advice (REPS)

Probably best off upping the calories a bit, specifically carbs. At your age and activity level (assumed >3 times a week) that looks more like you are trying to maintain

6. gynybark

gynybark Guest

Need some advice (REPS)

You should check out the stickies in the nutrition forum and the advanced nutrition forum, they will tell you everything you need to know.

You should be eating ATLEAST .45g/lb bodyweight of fat and 1g/lb bodyweight of protein per day, the rest of your cals can come from carbs.

If you want to bulk increase your calories by 300-500 over your maintenance (the amount of cals your body needs to neither gain nor lose weight -- use an online calculator for a rough estimate if you'd like and adjust accordingly), if you want to cut reduce the calories by up to 500 and watch the fat burn off!

If you're doing any extra activity such as running you need to be accounting for those calories in your daily diet (20 minutes of LISS= eat 200-300 more cals)

7. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Need some advice (REPS)

.45 is not the absolute minimum.

8. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Need some advice (REPS)

it's a well accepted number people use, i would say it's a safer bet eating .45g / lb of fat and reducing carbs rather than eating .3 and eating more carbs.. would you not?

9. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Need some advice (REPS)

I would suggest that as well. And don't stress on numbers right now, just use it as a baseline, track your progress every couple weeks and adjust accordingly.

10. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Need some advice (REPS)

Honestly, no. I would say as long as the person isn't having an ill affects from low (.3-.4g/lb) fat intake, use all the carbs they can, especially when bulking. Of course most people are going to be consuming an amount of calories (when bulking) where they'll be able to eat more fat in their diet.

I also believe Lyle puts the absolute minimum fat intake at ~18g per day (obviously you shouldn't go this low), so i think most would fare well with a 60g floor.

Tags: