• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Muamba - Has it made you think?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by emininojiq, Mar 26, 2012.

1. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Im sure we are all aware of what has happened to Muamba recently and we prob all know someone who has had heart attacks or issues.

For me personally it has really got me thinking about things. The majority of us are on here because we want to be big/bigger and love bodybuilding/weight training. And i personally hardly ever do cardio as i spend all my energy on lifting weights.

BUT with even the doctors astounded at how quickly he has recovered it has really made me think about my cardio fitness. Now obivoulsy, as this recent case has shown, it doesnt matter how fit you are you can still have heart attacks but as he was so fit his recovery has been incredible.

I for one have seriously given this alot of thought, if i had a heart attack now, would i have the basic heart fitness to survive let alone make a good recovery, and i have to say no, not a ****in chance have i.

So anyone else given it more thought recently, i dont enjoy cardio but the more ive given it thought the more i feel like getting on that treadmill and rower and getting my fitness up and changing my diet away from 'bulking' foods.

Alot of people probably ha vent thought of it like i have as it may not have touched them like it has me, but having watched football all my life this is actually the most eye opening thing ive experienced live. Literally life and death.

Any one else think about what goes on inside rather than just what you see in the mirror??

2. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Muamba - Has it made you think?

No

3. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

No

4. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

5. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Why not then guys?

6. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Definitely has, the "CRY" foundation had given a talk at my college just a few weeks before as well. I personally have great fitness levels, I do a lot of met-con work, sprint intervals and boxing (though unfortunately I've injured my knee atm and can't even cycle on it grrrrr).

Sometimes you just have to weigh things up, is an extra 10 pounds of muscle worth the health risks caused by some methods of obtaining it? Everyone has different values.

7. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

My favourite footballer and one of my heros when i was a kid , Davie Cooper, died aged 39 from a brain aneurysm seventeen years ago while training young kids-i came to the conclusion then mate that if a fit athlete who very rarely drank and didn't smoke could die from an unknown condition that he had anyone could,made me decide to live life for the present and do what you dream of doing incase you don't get the option-you can try and cut the odds of anything happening but if its gonna its gonna.

8. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Why not then smart **** you look like a big dude, i bet you get out of breath just walking from the car to the gym.

9. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

I don't as can't be bothered and things like that don't seem to bother me - wrong attitude i know

10. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

hold....on....just getting my breath lol.

seriously though.

i spend a decent amount of time trying to keep things in cheque .

So if an anomaly happens then it's really out of ya hands TBH so not an extra pressure I'll worry about

Tags: