• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Long term 6 pack

Discussion in 'For Personal Trainers' started by lalucien, Apr 8, 2013.

1. lalucien

lalucien Active Member

My long term goal is to maintain a strong, solid and sculpted mid-section (6 pack).
      I have been rowing about 5700-6000 meters every 2 days for 2 weeks at the gym and am seeing results already in terms of fat loss and definition.

Unfortunately this weekend I went away and have slipped but, I aim to achieve and maintain a good stomach.

Any tips on maintenance once I'm there?

2. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

Honestly, we are all human and of course we are going to have our cheat and slip days and that's completely fine because if we see that prize at the end of the tunnel then it makes all of this worth it. I think many people go into their goals thinking "I am going to achieve this and then I'll take a break" and that's the reason why they end up slipping for life.
      My only piece of advice is to maintain your active lifestyle and diet after you teach your goal.
      Good luck!

3. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

Keeping your body fat at around 8 to 12% is the best way to have and maintain abs. Working out like you are and eating right will get you there eventually. Best of luck!

4. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

That's a lot of exercise, probably a counterproductive amount. Excessive cardio will take its toll on the joints, raise cortisol, inflammation and oxidative stress.

To achieve abs you need to restrict carbohydrate intake to 50g or less. Cut out grains and processed food, eat natural protein, natural fats and a few vegetables.