• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Leg Training and Nausea/Sickness

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by vijugati8g, Aug 26, 2012.

1. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Despite saying I would wait a while to post, there is a question I would like to ask!

When training legs I have found that during my workout, I begin to feel sick. To reduce/remove the ill feeling I tried to increase the time between working sets which helped a little.
      This has happened with a lot of my leg workouts but never to the extent of actually being sick... until my last workout when I puked in the toilet after my workout. Im just wondering really if anyone has experienced the same feeling and has any ideas on how to combat this?

Thanks!

2. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Leg Training and Nausea/Sickness

Actually when I was younger I would carry a small puke bucket on Wednesdays when we did heavy legs. The legs are such large muscles and take so much blood its hard not to get light headed. There are a few things you can do, one lower the intensity or two sometimes candy or carbonated soda with sugar will help reduce nausea.

Here is some good info here - http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/...op-Nausea.html

Now to be honest wit hyou the third soloution and the one Iused is to just bring a puke bucket

3. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

4. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

I keep Bonine in my bag. Active ingredient is meclyzine. Works great.

5. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

6. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

What are you eating pre-workout, also what does your workout look like?

7. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

It's your conditioning level. If you start working on your conditioning you won't have this issue anymore. People worry too much about building mass and fear conditioning with the thought that they "will burn muscle". This is a farce.....just look at any strongman/women competitor. That sport combines conditioning and strength and you have nothing but monsters competing.

Work slowly on your conditioning and you'll be a machine.

8. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

9. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I will give them a go, i'd rather not have to have the puke bag with me tbh, i just feel that the food that i've eaten will be going to waste and it doesnt give the best feeling of well being

Pre-workout I like to have a couple of slices of wholemeal bread with jam for the combination of simple and complex carbs.
      The gym I go to doesn't really have the best selection of equipment so I haven't got the widest range of choice when it comes to the exercises (there's no barbells or squat rack, more like a fitness gym, lifefitness equipment).
      Body weight squat 2x20 (warm up)
      Leg Press 5x12
      Leg Curls 4x15
      Leg Extension 4x15
      Calf Raises 4x30

They have however just ordered a smith machine so I will be able to do squats, even though it they don't give the best range of motion I guess it will be better than nothing
      I guess the conditioning will come with time too but I will try my best, sitting at about 14%bf at the moment id say and I do aim to lower it, not the biggest fan of the 'dirty bulking' I personally like lo stay leaner if possible while putting size on.
      Thanks for the replies guys, good to see a helpful community!

10. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Maybe push the eating back to 1 hour before the gym, and not eat right before you leave. I can't eat right before the gym or the food sits like a brick in my stomach and makes me want to yack it up.