• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Kevin Ware Louisville Basketball Player Injury

Discussion in 'Sporting Injuries/Side Effects' started by Khronic, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Khronic

Khronic Member

Anyone watch the Duke-Louisville game last night? Kevin Ware had a really gruesome injury in the first half, like disgustingly gruesome. I've watched and played in many games of various sports in my lifetime and never have seen something like this. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

In case you didn't see it:
      [video=youtube;3xJWU_41G28]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xJWU_41G28&hd=1[/video]

2. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

I have also seen this and the injury is just mind blowing. My mouth seriously dropped when I heard of this and I can't even begin to say how much I feel sorry for him.
      I hope he gets better soon and hopefully he has all of the support and care that he needs during this time.

3. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

I saw the picture of him laying there. Pretty gruesome stuff, I've seen some some gross injury's in sport put that was probably the worst. I refuse to watch the video though, I'd like to eat again later today : )

4. Khronic

Khronic Member

On a brighter note, Kevin Ware cut down the net yesterday when Louisville won the national title. Pretty heart warming stuff, their team really rallied behind their injured teammate. Though it's such a shame, I think this kid will be done with basketball for the rest of his life.

5. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

Sigh, yeah they beat my Michigan team. It was a pretty good game but after the first half it just looked like all Louisville to me. There were a couple of points where I thought maybe we would pull it out, but in the end I think the better team won. I'm happy with the season because we went farther than I ever expected. Maybe next year!

6. Far_Mur_Jo

Far_Mur_Jo Member

Haven't seem the game in question, but it's a real shame when something like that happens. I was actually at a soccer match once, where a dude died of an aneurysm on the pitch. He was running after an attacker and just dropped on the ground like a sack of potatoes. Depressing as hell.

7. bsge11

bsge11 Member

Pretty scary watching that footage. Now Kobe Bryant tore his achilles and might be out for a while or possibly be done with. I don't know maybe players shouldn't play so aggressive. I mean I know they play to win and it's their job but it's not worth a possible life threatening injury.

8. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

I was forced into watching the video, that was way more gruesome than I thought. I hear hes doing fine and will rebound 100% from it, thats great to hear.