• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Jailed over twitter comments...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by alomjabpd, Mar 26, 2012.

1. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Kid jailed for 56 after posting an offensive tweet about Muamba. He has also been kicked out of his rugby club and may also lose his place at uni:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2121003/Liam-Stacey-sent-prison-offensive-tweet-Fabrice-Muamba.html

Don't get me wrong, what he said was way out of order, but anyone think the punishment is harsh? Just think how many people are on twitter, and how many offensive things are posted there everyday. As someone commented:

"You might not agree with what he said but 58 days in jail for using THAT word? That is a disgusting violation of our supposedly 'free speech' when hardened criminals get off scot free for much worse 'crimes"

2. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Jailed over twitter comments...

Totally over the top in my opinion, as you say people get off with nothing when having acutally done harm to someone etc. To go to prison, and be kicked out of uni and be kicked out of his club is massively over the top for someone just trying to be the big lad and getting a cheap laugh.

3. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Ridiculous

The only person he's insulting is Muamba, I doubt after recovering from a near death experience returning to his massive salary that he's too worried about some p;ssed up Uni student that he'll never meet

Whether it was nice or not, jail is way too harsh. Massive fine/community service would be a show of justice

4. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Exactly...if that's the case, then some of the stuff I've seen posted on UK Muscle is worthy of capital punishment!

5. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

think how many people on the zyzz thread said glad hes dead etc.. you could all go jail for it lol.. redicoulous

6. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Well it will teach him a lesson!

It is harsh but only because we let worse go unpunished, it all needs looking at tbh, too many light sentences these days for nasty crimes! I do have sympathy for him to a certain degree but i shant lose any sleep over it, give it a couple of weeks and he will be out and about!

7. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

What did he post word for word?

8. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

People know you can be jailed for racism and yet he blatently continued to do it, jail or not, he knew the consiquences, hes totally to blame.

9. Magnar

Magnar Well-Known Member

What a nice country we live in, there was an asian lad from dewsbury who posted on facebook abuse about the soldiers killed at the begining of the month (One of them i knew) has being let off on bail.

10. tausch

tausch Well-Known Member

Something about chest hair!!