• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • It's not a lie

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by Capone, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

A brand new gym opened down the street from me (walking distance). I see $10 a month. Whoo Hoooo!!!!
      I walk in and fill out the form to take a tour. First thing I noticed was about 50 ellipticals, 50 treadmills and 30 or so stationary bikes. No exaggeration.
      We turn the corner to the "free weight room" No bench, no rack, dumbells only up to 75lbs etc....
      The person working there said "We don't like bodybuilders or powerlifters here. We want to keep this place friendly" Friendly? WTF does that mean?
      Planet Fitness can kiss my ass!!!!

2. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

It's not a lie

cuz peoplez dat lift da ironz be meaniez

3. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

It's not a lie

I trained at a "fitness club" once that only had dumbbells to 80 lbs.

I kept asking the Manager to get some hundreds and he said "We don't want the musclehead types in here."

I said "Well I can lift the 100's, so does that mean you don't want me in here?"

He did a whole bunch of back-pedalling and excuse making. I didn't train there long before buying my won stuff and setting up a gym at home, compelte with a pair of 100+ lbs DBs.

(five 10 lb plates per side plus bar and end caps)

4. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

It's not a lie

Chuckle chuckle.....so, their keeping the 'place friendly' by being unfriendly to 'bodybuilders and power lifters'.
      Contemporary logic never fails to baffle me.

Thanks for the Friday laugh but I wish you'd quit tap dancing regarding said facility.

Carry on....

5. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

It's not a lie

I took my wife in Planet Fitness to sign up..she was more interested in the tanning and cardio options. I'm no beast mind you, but the lil gal just looked at me and told me they didn't have anything that would suit me there. ha! I told her thanks, that was the best compliment I had been paid in years!! ( I do like to do cardio there when my wife is tanning though).

6. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

It's not a lie

ok...seriously. I'm not sure I understand why gyms want to discourage people from getting as big as they wanna get. And this is coming from someone that isn't particularly big. Are people afraid that one of these "musclehead types" are going to suddenly go insane and start breaking cardiobunnies over their knees? What am I missing here?

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

It's not a lie

You are whey out of line here Carl! You aren't being very friendly. I think you should write a letter of apology to PF...

And maybe start an apology thread for all the PF members that post here too!

Gosh you're mean

8. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

It's not a lie

Hope you filled your pockets with Tootsie Rolls and grabbed some bagels before you stormed out.

9. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

It's not a lie

I should try to sign up at Planet Fitness for the entertainment value.

10. walgang

walgang Guest

It's not a lie

I'd join PF in a heartbeat if there were any around me. Hell for $10 a month I could go just on weds and eat the pizza.

Tags: