• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • In need of help. [Pictures]

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by Raleoxilevz, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Hey, I've been just hovering about the forum for a while looking at other peoples journals and tips etc until today I finally made an account, I need help, I would really like to lose fat and gain muscle fast, I don't want to take it slow and burn 2 pounds a week or whatever. I usually spend 1 hour at the gym doing cardio on the cross-trainer which burns me around 700-800 calories, My resistance is on either 8 or 15 out of 25 for the most of it. I then use the rowing machine for around 10 minutes, do 3 sets on chest press and dumbells. I started attending my gym on the 15th and managed to lose about a stone, started off at 16 stone and now I am on 15 stones.

I hate the way I look, I want to lose all that fat and turn my stomach flat and maybe see a few pacs in the near future.

I want to lose a stone or a bit more a month, preferably 2 if its possible so by the end of November I could be on 13 stones. I tend to eat weetabix or bran flakes for breakfast(7:20am) with a banana or a apple, I'm fully hydrated throughout the day, I don't really tend to eat lunch because I'm a bit self conscious as I'm at college, I may have a few almonds if I do, if not then I'm usually home at 2 and I have tuna and sweetcorn or something like that. I also tend to eat dinner at around 8pm or 7pm as I go gym for around 2 hours.I then sleep at around 11-12. Not sure if I'm having enough calories, seems as if its a 1000 calorie deficit.

Can someone please just help me? Anything at all in me reaching my goal, is there any chance I can see a flat chest by the end of october as I really do hate my man boobs . Also, I'm 6'1, 17 years old and weigh 15 stones. I own a exercise bike and a barbell and barbells (upto 30kg) and a workout bench that only has an incline bench. The gym I use is fitness first and it has loads of facilities.

May I also add I go gym every day and on a monday I tend to go twice as I start college at a later time, every other day I go gym at around 5pm which is after college, expect saturdays and sundays.

Sorry If i don't sound clear, I just need help getting to my goal, I'm going to create a log tomorrow.

I really want to lose my Man Boobs, Fat Belly and chubby face.

Pictures attached, no rude comments please...

2. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

In need of help. [Pictures]

You seem like you're on the right track, read this (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981) and make sure everything is right. For the record, the fat won't help but that might not be the only cause of your man boobs. Around 50% of men develop man boobs through puberty so don't be surprised if you have to do something else about it after you ditch the fat.

3. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Two main factors: CALORIE INTAKE and PERSISTENCE

-Live at a caloric defecit:
      Determine your basil metabolic rate (amount of calories your body would burn at rest for 24 hours, your "maintanence" level of calories). BMR is usually around (your bodyweight)x(10); a 150lb person would require roughly 1500 calories a day, however age, height, and gender are all factors also. You can find pretty accurate BMR calculators online by googling it. There are 3500 calories in a pound. In order to lose 1 pound each week (1-2lbs each week is a reasonable goal) you must eliminate 3500 calories from your diet. Eating 500 less calories than your BMR each day is a good way to do this; 500 calories x 7days a week = 3500 calories.

-Cardio, lifting, and meal quality/timing:
      Cardio and lifting are NOT necessary to lose weight, however they are VERY useful tools for losing weight. Cardio/lifting can add to your caloric defecit; if you burn 100 calories each day by running for 10min, then you will burn 700 calories a week and therefore lose a pound every 5 weeks from cardio alone.

Meal quality and timing, like cardio, are NOT necessary to losing fat. They are helpful tools as well though. Meal quality is highly irrelevant (to fat loss, at least) as long as you intake the appropriate amount of macronutrients. There are 3 types of macros: fat, protein, and carbs. Your body needs roughly (.5)x(bodyweight)grams of fat, (1.0)x(bodyweight)grams of protein and the remainder of your available calories/macros can, but do not have to be, carbs (might want to check those numbers, I could be off).
      Meal timing is entirely preference, it will have a miniscule impact on fat loss in the long run. Meal timing is basically for the purpose of satiety. Some people eat 6 small meals a day because it keeps them feeling full, others eat two large meals a day because that's what works for them. Make your meal timing whatever feels best for you and keeps you satisfied.

On top of all that if you're persistent, if you really truly want it, and can adhere to these principles EVERYDAY for several months you WILL lose weight. Basically calories in

4. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

cut out the fruits them simple sugars are gonna kill you unless ur takin them post workout try to get good carbs slow digesting and have them witha lean protein just stay at a 500 calorie deficit u dont need to kill yourself at a 1000 calorie deficit u should lose weight as for the end of october i doubt it you will lean out alot but it all depends on how hard you go if you lose the weight to fast that gut skin will still be there and you will have to bulk up to get rid of it so dont go to fast should be losin 2 pounds a week

5. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback...So I should cut out fruit all together?

6. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

its ok in moderation like everything else but its a fast carb fast carbs are sugar and basically IMO like a candy bar with less calories lol

if you weight train and want to eat a bannana or something to spike your insulin witha protein shake or something some people believe thats good i personally dont but everyone has their own opinion if i was trying to lose fat i wouldnt touch fruits or any carb really besides vegetables

7. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

I thought carbs were to give me energy lol my bad, I'll stick to veggies and weetabix at most.

8. casse

casse Well-Known Member

they do give you energy but so does your fat would you rather the apple you eat or potato be burned off or the fat around your gut you need some form of carbs im not saying completely get rid of em like the atkins diet or whatever just what kind of carbs and how many alot of people eat more carbs than protein i wouldnt do this trying to lose fat but like the previous poster posted its all about being at a caloric deficit just when you weigh 150 pounds and eat 1500 calories of ice cream i dont see that as being a good diet and i doubt you would lose weight for some reason

9. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

I'll weigh myself tomorrow and begin my official log until December 1st. Hope to be 13 stones.

10. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

If he can maintain proper macros he can eat all the icecream and fruit he wants. Eating 1500 calories of fast food is the same as eating 1500 calories of chicken as far as fat loss goes. One is definitely healthier/beneficial to other aspects of your body, but the fat loss will be the same.

Tags: