• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • IFBB Pro Bodybuilding is Fixed. Period.

Discussion in 'Bodybuilding Gossip' started by casse, Mar 3, 2012.

1. casse

casse Well-Known Member

I have come to the complete realization after following the past couple of contests that IFBB judging is fixed. This is not to say that every placing is decided in a smoke filled room two weeks before the contest, or that no surprises can occur, or that there will always be a unanimous result, but in general favorites are picked even though the physiques do not warrant it. I think after the 2007 Mr. Olympia, everyone talked about how IFFB contests were completely rigged. Then Jay loses in 2008 and with an unheard of top 3 for 2009 Mr. Olympia (Jay comes back in first, Branch edges out the Mr. Olympia for 2nd), people became deluded with the view that narrow victories can occur and that this really is a "free for all" sport.

Lets look at some recent contests, from late 2011 to now. Bear in mind that this is only recent contests, and does not include some all time favorite riggings.

2011 Olympia. Phil Heath wins, much to everyone's relief, beating out Jay Cutler. The problem was Jay and Phil were separated from everyone else, giving little chance for them (especially Jay) to be compared to Kai, Victor and Wolf. While Jay did improve for the finals, he clearly was beat in prejudging yet still "shielded" from the rest of the top 6. The IFBB does the whole "teacher versus student" thing even though Kai/Victor/Wolf should have all been bumped up a place. 3-5 were cheated out of a nice paycheck simply for making the show "interesting."

2011 "202 Showdown". Kevin English wins. I have yet to see a convincing argument for why he even placed top 3. I have come to the only logical conclusion that Kevin English won to add more suspense to the Mr. Olympia and scarce the audience into thinking Jay Cutler may actually defend his title.

2011 Sheru Classic. Exact same placings as the Olympia, even though Jay did not deserve second again. Kai should have been second.

2012 Flex Pro. Lionel Beyeke wins. "Okay," everyone says "I guess mass and shape were favored over conditioning today. I mean, clearly, right, because Beyeke got perfect scores?"

2012 Arnold Classic. Branch Warren beats Evan and Dennis. Hell, Branch Warren wins BEST POSING!There is no reason to rehash what has been said in many threads, but clearly fans are upset with the results. Branch wins with perfect scores. The confusing part is, why was mass and shape preferred two weeks ago but now conditioning is desired now? Could the IFBB judges suffer from schizophrenia, or perhaps judging opinions are so inconsistent and varied that there really is no objective judging criteria for them to follow? Fans can debate all day long and pretend like this is a "sport", but I think the far easier solution is to conclude that many placings are simply rigged.

I feel bad for Evan, Victor, and Wolf. Whats the point of trying for these fellows (especially Victor, if he can actually compete again?) in the 2012 Mr. Olympia? They will fight for 5-8 (one will wonder if the judges will actually place Mr. Olympia Dexter Jackson outside of the top 6). The top 4 has already been preordained as Phil, Kai, Branch, and Jay. I would hope that the judges allow Branch and Jay to be placed lower, but I highly doubt it.

2. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

IFBB Pro Bodybuilding is Fixed. Period.

welcome to the club, son

3. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

This. I won't be buying any more magazines, going to any more shows, I'll only by protein from honest companies and honest sources. I know I'm not going to change the world, but the ****ers aren't getting any more of my cash.

4. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

inb4 OP is IP banned and never heard from again.

5. Bartomo

Bartomo Well-Known Member

I thought people watched this "sport" just to see the guys improve and come on stage. Placings don't matter when these guys are ready to trade the Mr O spot for five bucks.

We know who won, and i hope the bb-ers themselves know. The actual kick in the nuts is the money they spend to compete though.

6. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

What about Correa. They want him to go compete at 212. They made it obvious. They just cabt stand him how he makes everyone looks so soft

7. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

They want more conditioned guys in the lineups, reward conditioning over everything. Ultra conditioned guy comes, they make sure he places badly.

**** logic. Donaldduck****everything.gif

8. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

The biggest problem is, just like a fight for the belt (boxing or mma) when it goes to a decision (judges) the reigning champ has the advantage plain and simple, the other guys need to show a much better physique then the champ, as far as look goes, Evan and Wolf had a much better physique but as far as judging goes I dont think they blew away Branch. Just look at the Flex Pro, the reigning champ was not there so now the judges had a wider available choice for the winner.

9. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Joining the club. Bodybuilding to me now isnt about cheering for who should win, but rather who I'd like to look like. In this last comp? I'd say I'd want to look like DW or evan anyday. ****ing huge, conditioned, and aesthetic.

10. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

it really is a crock of shiit, srsly pathetic. branch is just a troll oiled up, looks terrible and his physique is ugly as hell. he has the same fuking routine every contest, quad slap, pump the audience to the tune of heavy metal...