• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • I think I've got a leg length discrepancy

Discussion in 'Training' started by Greg, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Should I go see a doctor or no? My right leg always grew faster then left and I really do suspect that my right femur is slightly shorter than my left. I measured the difference with my knees bent and my left femur is around 1.5-2cm longer than my right.

I usually hear about people going to the doc because of pain, but I have no pain whatsoever. I have hurt my back from squats before, but that was due to lower back slightly rounding.
      Also, I have no crooked bar when squatting. One would assume that the bar would slightly tilt if one leg was shorter than the other, right?

1:52 is where I can see a leg length difference using that method.

2. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

I think I've got a leg length discrepancy

go to a doc. i doubt anyone on this forum knows much about difference in leg length

3. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

I have that. It hasn't effected me whatsoever, srs.

4. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

same left leg is 3/4" longer than right.

5. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Both untreated? Notice any weird inbalances while squatting? I sometimes see that my left femur goes further over my foot then my right. It sort of looks like my left femur is longer then the right, or gives an exaggerated appearance of it. I've always squatted extremely wide though. Supposedly a user on another forum has this problem and has remedied it with extremely wide squats. Claims a 700lb.

6. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

I have never measured but also suspect one of my legs is shorter. I've been having problems with my right hip and to answer your question I dont htink the bar would be crooked during a squat, your hips would compensate for the difference.

7. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

nah but my feet don't line up when i squat. I have the same thing with my arms but I think that is beginning to cause some rotator issues.

chiropractic could sort it out but it's temporary. see an ortho if you suspect any other bone issues.

8. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Untreated. My ex phys teacher actually diagnosed it, she said it probably wasn't an issue. No squatting imbalances other than one leg is larger than the other, even though they are fairly comparable in strength.

9. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

How would they compensate? Forgive my ignorance, I've got no knowledge on what the hips do when there's a discrepancy.
      Is the shorter leg bigger? Or vice versa? And do you notice it when walking? I sometimes notice it when walking.

10. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

What do you mean your feet don't line up? One is farther back then the other? I've got a problem with that, but I think I'll sort it out with practice as I squat with my toes touching the rack.