• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • I Choose Life

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jailynn24hb, Jul 2, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Ive just declined a promotion to Regional Sales Manger,
      The General Manager and HR Manager sat me down last friday and offered me the position,
      I gave it a lot of thought over the weekend and decided I valued my homelife and spare time more than
      the job. I have been a National and Regional Sales Manager before so im fully aware of how the jobs work,
      basically your lifes not your own mon-friday and ur fuked at weekends with all the travelling and meetings,
      theres always an email to answer or a report to write or a call you need to make.

I would have prob earned another 8-10k a year.....

how important is career to you?

2. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

I Choose Life

Bang on the money there mate IMO, whats the point of having money and not being able to enjoy it.

Top man.

3. resablare

resablare Well-Known Member

I Choose Life

No point having extra cash if you cant enjoy it....Youve got to have some balance with work, friends and family.

4. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

I Choose Life

I went from being a self employed builder (my trades a brickie, a proper C&G one), to being a hospital porter, when I was a builder I worked when it was light monday - friday, at nights and weekends I would be out looking at jobs or doing paperwork. Now I am a hospital porter and pretty damned hard up, but I now have time for me and my family. I'm happier now than Ive ever been, I'm glad I wont be the richest man in the graveyard!

5. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

I Choose Life

These promotions always seem better than what they are ,you get salaried ,do twice as many hours and realise your actually worse off

6. tu1ck

tu1ck Well-Known Member

I Choose Life

Yeah knocked my pan in for large Manchester firm last year who bought my longterm employer over and kept getting told stuff like
      'normal hours are for losers' 'few more hours you'll get another 5k onto basic soon' etc etc was doing job of 2 managers

Never will I knock my pan in again like that found training stopped for months and even sex life declined.

7. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

I Choose Life

Yea there is that but its being away from home all week that clinched it, London ever monday then working back to Glasgow.
      Im a routine person and it would mean me changing all my social habits aswell as being stuck in hotels 4 nights a week.
      Money is money and yea mopre money is always handy but i do fine as it is.

My company think their gonna lose me, ive tried to assure them i wont leave im happy with my life and job, i can do my job with my
      eyes shut.

8. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

I Choose Life

et
      exactly, I would have to be in London for a 930 sales meeting every monday morning for a start, I live in Glasgow.
      Sunday afternoons become packing for the week ahead, prepping all your info for the sales meeting and all the other stuff you need
      for the weeks appointments...then its city to city all week and home knackered on a friday night then before you know it its sunday again

9. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

I Choose Life

Sounds like a good and well thought out decision.

I choose to do more because I lost something at the time that was important to me but after a while I came to the realization living at work isn't really living at all.

I think to be happy and healthy you've got to find a good balance between work and life.

10. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

I Choose Life

I was an Area Manager at 27 ran about the UK no problem....was hard work but lots of fun meeting new people seeing
      new places, lived In Ireland, London and Manchester all with work....did field roles for 11 years....but there comes a time when u realise that your life and spare time mean so much more than a sales deal.

Tags: