• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • How long should I bulk?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by krupnijihbc, Jul 25, 2012.

1. krupnijihbc

krupnijihbc Well-Known Member

I searched the forums and the web, but basically everything i found was pertaining to some 140 pound kid.

I'm 22, 5' 9", 180 pounds. I've been lifting for almost 3 months. I was told to bulk, so thats what i've been doing. When i started, i was 175 pounds. Ive been doing about 400 cals over my maintenance a day concentrating on high protein, low fat. I've seen some decent results.

How long should i keep that going before i start a cut? A year? 2 years? I'm not scared of "getting fat" by eating a lot. I just need some answers tailored to my specific weight.

Thanks guys. I hate asking newbie questions, but its better to find out than do it wrong.

2. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

How long should I bulk?

Last edited by jmarlowe29102; Today at 08:22 AM.

3. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

How long should I bulk?

Calculate your tdee (caloric maintenance) then add 15% of your maintenance to your tdee to create a surplus....simple as that, you won't gain too much fat with a 15% surplus. You should gain around .75lbs per week
      GL OP!

4. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

How long should I bulk?

Thats basically what i've done and seen results. I want to know HOW LONG to do that though. When should i do a cut?

5. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

How long should I bulk?

Min 4-5 months to have an effective bulk. 6-8 months would be ideal if you can keep bulking without getting too fat (>15% is too excessive for me).

I'm on a 5 month bulk cycle atm. After that I plan to cut for 4-6 weeks to keep low body fat, then continue to bulk for another 5 months. I've been bulking for 2 months so far with 4-500 surplus, haven't gained much fat. Bf% would have gone from 10% to 11, 12% max. If you keep it clean you can look good for the duration of your bulk.

6. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

How long should I bulk?

You will know when you should end the bulk OP, when your getting to the point when you look in the mirror and see that you are unhappy with the fat you have gained....at least for me

7. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

How long should I bulk?

When you no longer like what you see in the mirror.

You're asking for an absolute answer where none exists; it's personal choice.

8. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

How long should I bulk?

So i guess i'll bulk until about December or so, then cut for the month of January. I've been doing the same calorie excess as you and its been doing fine. I've worked on cleaning it up and haven't put on much body fat... being a newbie i think i've lost some actually.

Thanks for the help

9. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

How long should I bulk?

This

10. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

How long should I bulk?

I just started a bulk this week and plan to go tentatively March 4th, roughly 6 months.. Then I will cut again.. Good luck with yours

Tags: