• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • How does this meal plan look?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by emininojiq, Oct 11, 2012.

1. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

I am by no means a newbie to weight loss but I am curious what others think about my meal plan. Lately I have been thinking maybe I am eating too much? I do cardio M-F 30 minutes of HIIT and then lift as heavy as possible hitting all muscles M-W-F.

Stats:

26 years old, 175lbs, 6'0"

Goal:

Cut down to 165 and do a VERY clean bulk

BMR - 1632
      TDEE - 2530

2350 Calories Total (Estimated Macros 44%Protein/39%Carbs/17%Fat) Breakdown is 260g Protein, 230g Carbs, and 43g Fat

1) 1/2 Cup Stone Oats, 1TSP Flax Oil, 4oz BlueBerries, 8 Egg Whites
      2) 1.5 Scoops Egg Protein, 16 Raw Almonds, 1 Medium Apple
      3) 2 Cups Napa Cabbage, 1/2 Cup Beats, 1/4 Cup Carrots, 4.5oz Tuna, 1 TSP Italian dressing, 1 slice Brown Rice Bread
      4) 4.5oz Yam, 4.5oz Grilled Chicken, 2 Cups Romaine, 1/4 Cup Carrots, 1TSP Italian Dressing
      5) 4.5oz Grilled Chicken, 1 Cup Kidney Beans, 2 Cups Green Beans
      6) 1.5 Scoop Egg Protein, 1 TBSP Peanut Butter

I appreciate everyones input!

2. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

How does this meal plan look?

Last edited by plshrk; Today at 01:42 PM.

3. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

it looks super BROTASTIC.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ht=diet+advice

4. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

I get that it is kind of hardcore but I have been following this for 5 weeks without skipping a beat. I honestly look at food as fuel and am ok with eating this way. Do I like cheat meals? Of course but I dont crave them.

Do you think Macros look right? Like I said, I do feel I may be eating too much. Thoughts?

5. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

your macros looks pretty decent, and all the power to you if you can stick to it - I personally love food, and view it as pleasureful more than nutritious. i'm just a fan of eating "normal" meals (Lifestyle change, rather than a set diet timeframe), so that once I get off the "diet", I don't go crazy and gain the weight back because of stuff I crave.

6. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Makes perfect sense! I actually find it easier to eat this way due to ease of preperation and less time spent in the kitchen (went to culinary school believe it or not) . As long as I have a cheat meal once a week or even every two weeks I am good to go. I really do appreciate your input Steve.

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

awesome! I want to go to culinary school one day! Also, judging by your screen, do you play pool leagues?

8. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

It's hard to say without knowing what your exact macros are (percentages are an ineffective way to do this), and what your TDEE is. It's essential to know what your TDEE is for anyone to assess if you are eating too much. Lately I've been recommending that people go to google and find good macro calculators (1percentedge is my favorite, its very in depth), or calculate it yourself based on the formula in the stickies in the Nutrition section. I can't link it directly but it's the sticky titled "Calculating Calorie and Macronutrient Needs."

As far as I am aware, knowing whether or not your meal plan fits your macro and calorie needs, is the only way to assess whether it is "good" or "bad." Good luck OP.

9. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Ok I posted the updated information. I got the actual macros from MyFitnessPal app on my phone and I know my protein is WAY to high right?

10. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Yes I do play A LOT of pool

Tags: