• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Hi All!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by amelia88, May 2, 2016.

1. amelia88

amelia88 Member

I'm Amelia and I'm from the US - I'm here mainly because I was pretty in shape before I had my daughter, but I feel like during this first year of her life I've let fitness fall to the wayside. I'm not terribly out of shape, but my endurance has lessened so much.

Eventually I'd like to get back to (and beyond!) my pre-pregnancy fitness levels, and support from all of you will hopefully motivate me in getting there!

Right now I do bootcamp styled classes 3 times a week (it encompasses a lot of lifting and some cardio), yoga once a week, and usually a long run a couple of mornings a week. I don't take any supplements or anything apart from whey protein.

Can't wait to learn more from all of you!

2. Destiny

Destiny Member

Hi! I'm a mom too! My daughter is two years old. I'm in the same boat you are, I just let fitness slide during and after my pregnancy! Soany important things going on that we don't really care what our bodies look like... or at least, that's how I was.

Anyways, welcome to the forum! And, congratulations!

3. amelia88

amelia88 Member

Thanks so much for the welcome! Yes - it's such a big adjustment that I think normal life really did go out the window for a while. But I feel like now since she's 1, it's a lot easier in terms of knowing her personality and then also being able to make time for myself and my fitness...I really didn't care about what my body looked like those first 12 months - it was all about just getting a reasonable amount of sleep to function! And coffee - lots of coffee! :)

4. madfuntool

madfuntool Member

Hi! I am not mom. lol but I am also watching for some cool tips for gaining my body muscles. I got some tips on my thread I think you will also get some cool and best tips too. But I think that you should do yoga daily, and not for once in a week. As it is a natural and easy way to being fit. Be stick here you will receive some new and better tips. All the best.

5. amelia88

amelia88 Member

Thanks! It's a little tricky because for the times that I can get to the yoga classes at my gym, I can only go to one class a week - I might have to check out other local gyms and see what they offer. Or, I probably should just take to doing yoga practice at home! That would make it easier - I am pretty sure I have a yoga DVD around the house somewhere.

6. fitman990

fitman990 Member

Hello! and welcome to the forum! This forum is one of the best places to discuss nutrients, bodybuilding, etc. Feel free to post and enjoy the forum.