• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • help me build a lunch to take to work

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by suighja, Apr 23, 2012.

1. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

I work at a fast food place and I just want you guys to help me build a nutritious lunch that will help me on my cut that's easy to make or take to work. Anyone wanna share their lunches if you're in a similar situation as mine?

2. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

help me build a lunch to take to work

to be more specific, I work at panda express. And we get to eat anything on the menu for free on our 30 minute breaks. I eat this food at least 2-3 times a week, and I think if I cut it completely, I could see better and faster results.

Edit: Basically I wanna build a diet that will revolve around my 7-8 hour shifts whether I open or close. when I open, I usually go on break 1:30-2, so those days I could eat breakfast, make a healthy lunch for my 1:30 break, and come home at 5, eat my other meals here. and when I close, it's 7:30-8, so I could eat breakfast at home, eat meals before I go in to work, and take something for my 7:30 meal. BUT WHAT CAN I TAKE?

3. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

What are your goals? If you want to be a fighter then a cut could be helpful. If you want to be a bodybuilder then I suggest you start lifting heavy and slowly bulking. For general health eat things with lots of veggies. For taste Orange Chicken and Bejing Beef is my preference.

I assume you understand calorie counting and proper lifting. But if you don't please read the stickies and/or checkout stronglifts.

4. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

You could try intermittent fasting? Or why not just bring any 'normal' meal in a Tupperware? Chicken with veg/rice? Stir fry? e.t.c

5. ismiju

ismiju Well-Known Member

I would just eat the chicken. No rice since it is probably packed with sugar.

6. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

- Bake or BBQ some chicken, steam some broccoli/asparagus, cook some brown rice or sweet potatoes...bring it with you in a container.

- Make a tuna sandwich with low fat/ff mayo. Include veggies and put it on whole grain bread.

- Bring a protein shake.

- Make a salad: Tear up some lettuce/ spinach, throw in a bunch of shredded carrots (can buy these pre-shredded at the store), add sliced steak or chicken, add some dried cranberries and some toasted almond slices and add your favorite low fat salad dressing and you have a great meal.

- Take some plain greek yogurt (it is very high in protein), add some coconut extract (couple drops), splenda packet, some mixed berries. It's my husbands favorite snack.

7. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Last edited by nicoledominique; Today at 02:43 PM.

8. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

my goals is to lower my bodyfat to around 10-12%, then gain mass. and yeah I know about proper lifting, currently doing Jim Stoppini's Shortcut to Size program, on week 2. Very new to bodybuilding.

9. casse

casse Well-Known Member

the chicken there is always deep fried, since we use woks to cook everything. Basically everything in panda is drenched in oil, even the "healthy" things like mixed veggies, we have to deep fry the string beans.

10. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

For my lunches, i usually try to stick to a big piece of protein(switch it up, ground turkey patties, chicken breast, fish meatballs, ETC) some sort of veggies, i like BBQ'd zucchini, steamed broccoli carrots and mushrooms. i HATE the taste of brown rice, but i can choke it down with lunch if i cook it in chicken stock, then mix it with my veggies and throw some hot sauce on it.

Tags: