• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Hardgainer with muscular endurance?

Discussion in 'Training' started by defelqy, Aug 17, 2012.

1. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

I am a 16 year old male. I am a big time hardgainer, I'm around 6 foot 2 and weigh 150 pounds (68kg). However what I have noticed is that I have good muscular endurance. By that I mean I can do as hard of a workout as anyone and I don't feel weakened or tired or any other symptom of overtraining. I am also pretty strong for my age. Does this mean I would benefit from a more advanced training regime where I could be hitting the gym 4-5 times a week, 1hr or so gym sessions with 20 or so sets per workout? Or seeming as I am a very tall, very skinny hardgainer, would it be better to spend minimal time in the gym? Either way I would still be getting in 7 meals a day. (5 proper meals excluding pre and post workout). I will also start taking a weight gainer to make sure I am getting in enough calories (Max's Supersize). But as far as the training side of things, which method of training would I benefit from the most?

Thanks, Luke.

2. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Hardgainer with muscular endurance?

No. Do starting strength and eat a lot.

3. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

I did starting strength and got no HYPERTROPHY gains from it whatsoever. I believe that is because it consists of reps of 5, which I believe isn't high enough for gains as far as mass, not strength. Also i've been going to the gym for a while, it's not like i'm just starting.

4. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Then your diet sucked.

5. Fectteavezu

Fectteavezu Well-Known Member

Lawl. Would you me to post it to you including a macronutrient breakdown?

6. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Sure. Also post how much weight you gained from it.

7. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

This is my diet. I go to school which is why I can't eat exactly what I want.

Meal 1 (breakfast)- 3 eggs, 2 slices of wholemeal toast, 1 cup of oats cooked
      Meal 2 (morning tea) 1 chicken wrap, 1 banana, 2 slices of wholemeal bread with peanut butter
      Meal 3 (lunch) 300g of chicken breast, 160g brown rice + vegetables
      Pre-workout- 1 cup of oats
      Post workout- 1 serving of whey protein, 500ml semi-skim milk, 1 banana
      Meal 4 (dinner)- varies, but the biggest meal of the day. Good whole foods.
      Meal 5 (snack)- 3 pieces of wholemeal toast, 85g of salmon + cucumber
      Meal 6 (before bed)- 400ml milk, 100g low fat cottage cheese, 6 or so multigrain crackers

Excluding dinner this is around 3100 calories, 350g carbs, 245g protein and 80g fat. Tell me how this can possibly
      suck? Oh and I gained 0kg.

8. Jemenony

Jemenony Well-Known Member

Then your diet was garbage. You didn't eat enough to gain weight, and decided to blame your training program.

9. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

How can you read that and tell me it was garbage? Nutrition is ONE important factor of gaining weight. Training is the OTHER important factor. And I physically CAN'T eat any more WHILST going to school. Which is why I am getting a mass gainer. Do you have anything with any actual substance to post or not?

10. swawth

swawth Well-Known Member

This is 100% incorrect. Training is not a stimulus to gain weight. Actually the calorie expenditure will make you more inclined to lose weight.

I have nothing of substance to post because you don't seem to think your diet is the problem even though it is. Get that fixed before you start bashing perfectly good training programs. Add in more liquid calories like milk if you need to.