• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Gym accidents - What you done, what you seen?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by alomjabpd, May 31, 2012.

1. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Big hello to all the UK Muscle regulars, I have been browsing for a while and thought I'd sign up and contribute.

As my first posting of a new thread I'm hoping that I'm in the right section etc

I am interested to know what accidents, injuries or faux pas you have had happen to you or seen in the gym. Here's mine ...

About 2 years ago I dropped a 20kg plate from about 3 feet up breaking my right big toe, it then went a lovely shade of violet before the doctor used a hot needle to go through the nail and drain the blood underneath (trefined).

Bout 2 weeks after I had the pleasure of removing my toenail which was what I imagine turning into a zombie would be like (albeit slowly from the toe up) and am now left with a funky, crusty nail that resembles a quaver (crisps)

Looking forward to some nasty shiz ....

2. n1du0f

n1du0f Well-Known Member

Gym accidents - What you done, what you seen?

I was on the squat rack had my hands resting on the side of it, next thing i know **** loads of blood & metal fillings underneath my thumb right on the joint.

Got as much out as I can however you can still see metal in my thumb.

3. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Do ya beep when you go through metal detectors?

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Closest I've ever come is putting 20kg DBs on a bench and one fell off and I moved my foot randomly just in time. Must of been Zeus looking after me

5. casse

casse Well-Known Member

I dropped a 20kg plate on my phone and it killed it in a pretty brutal fashion but I am overally anal about safety. The only thing bad was deadlifting too close to my shin and removing about 4 inches of skin.

Seen the following:

- Seen a numpty remove plates off a squat rack but took 60kg on one side and left the other one...the bar flipped up and went through the ceiling
      - Another numpty do good morning and the bar slid off and cracked him on the nogging and bent the bar as it went on the squat rack safety arm

Heard in my gym but didnt see:

- Some goon throwing weights around and a dumbell landed on another trapped his finger and took the end clean off
      - Some weasel tried incline dumbell press 50's and despite the warnings not to ripped his pec off the bone and got carted out in an ambulance

6. zimisile

zimisile Well-Known Member

Not tried it mate but probs not sin as its just metal paint

7. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

I wondered how long it would be b4 the "man vs squat rack and gravity" came up. That is an absolute classic.

Some good ones there tho

8. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is a gym accident or not but fecking funny... last week there was a guy about my size (6'5 250lbs+) training with keys phone n wallet next to him.

Next minute his wallet was gone.

Went to the changing rooms to see what was going on....saw a skinny runt with it and went bat ape****.

As he pinned him up against the wall with his feet about a foot off the ground I thought it was time to leave....ain't seen the kid since hahaha!

9. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Seen a dude doing squats on a smith machine hook the weight back, or so he thought and it fel on him, he screamed like a 10year old girl, gym was packed as well.........

10. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

I did something similar to that when I was a kid benching in my mates garage. I wiped out all the shelving.

My mate did that. Loaded the squat rack up went down a few inches and then gravity took over. K-Boom. He wasn't too popular the squat rack was out of action for about 3 months and he just pulled a muscle in his back. Lucky though, he's wirey bendy bugger.

Tags: