• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Getting Back Into Shape After Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Female Bodybuilding' started by Destiny, May 3, 2016.

1. Destiny

Destiny Member

Hey Ladies!

New mom here! Just wondering if you have any tips on getting back into shape after pregnancy?

2. Strawberry

Strawberry Member

Well after pregnancy your body will rebound anyway if you go into your previous diet plan. A lot of the extra weight is edema (swelling) instead of fat.
      Don't get discouraged if that doesn't happen quickly (we have pregnancy hormones to blame for that) and don't try fasting if you are breastfeeding because that will deplete the milk of its nutrients.
      Short sessions of cardio, like 30 minutes several days a week can help you increase your metabolic rate.
      As for the consequent floppy belly, that happens because the abs are stretched out too far. Those are fixable by doing excersises that focus around the waist. It's good to focus on the wider waist area (as well as the rest of the body) and not just do crunches all the time.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Member

For me I have honestly just been realistic and I've been trying to just keep active and also make sure I'm fueling my body with healthy stuff. I 100% know that as a mom if my nutrition sucks I feel even more exhausted and that's a terrible thing! So I try my best to stick to whole food as much as possible.

I think as one of my friends told me, it took months to put the baby weight on so it usually takes months for it to come off. I'm lower than my pre pregnancy weight now, but it's just about toning back up for me. I'm trying to remind myself that it doesn't happen overnight but piece by piece I will be seeing progress.

4. JohanaRox

JohanaRox New Member

Take your time, do what feels good to your body. Don't put too much pressure on yourself.

I would say go to the gym 2 times a week, and after a while maybe start doing more serious cardio workouts. Those will help you initiate that fat burn. Make sure you have the appropriate supportive clothes. Choose the best tights for gym, preferably ones with enforced waistband, to keep the tummy secure and tight in there. Also it helps warm up the area and burn fat even faster.

5. Myjourney

Myjourney Well-Known Member

What advice would you give to a new starter who struggles with motivation - how do you tackle exercising in the mind as well as the body?

6. MarkB

MarkB Administrator Staff Member

Is there a certain time span that women need to leave before they can go back to gym exercises? As a man, it is difficult to understand the changes a woman undertakes during pregnancy and also after birth.

Tags: