• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • First time bulking tips

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by masoven4u, Apr 20, 2012.

1. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Hey all! Once I reach my goals on weight/bf I plan on trying to bulk for the first time over the summer. I already know that you are suppose to add 500 calories to your maintenance and consume that amount. I was wondering what tips you guys would have for me? And I have a question, as far as the workout you do, can you lift in the heavy weight 3-5 rep area or should you go in the 10-12 rep area for a bulk? Any advice and tips are appreciated!

2. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

First time bulking tips

Eat clean. 500 over maintenance sounds right.
      Healthy fats, complex carbs, fruits, proteins, etc...
      Lots of water. Milk is amazing.
      Low rep range 5-8. Some lifts go higher. Don't go lower than 5, can cause injury and doesn't pump enough blood into your muscles to really promote growth

3. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

First time bulking tips

What nonsense.

What's "clean" eating, why recommend a fixed calorie offset rather than a % over TDEE, what's a "healthy fat", why "complex" carbs (and, fruit, by the way, contain lots of simple carbs), and what makes you think low reps can't promote "growth"?

4. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

First time bulking tips

Really? Lol here we go.

5. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

First time bulking tips

I bet you've had a lot of injuries. I've had none. Great tip btw.

6. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

First time bulking tips

Clean eating is not eating unhealthy foods such as fast food or greasy or high in sugar. I recommended complex carbs such as whole wheat and brown instead of white. And fruits provide lots of vitamins. I didn't say don't eat simple. I said eat fruits. They're healthier than white breads.
      Healthy fats are olive oil, avocado, peanut butter, etc. Rather than normal oils or mangarine which are high in cholesterol. And heavy lifting for very low reps can cause injury, and are less likely to promote growth because they only strain the muscle for a short amount of time and not enough to get blood and oxygen pumped into your muscles WHICH HELPS BUILD MUSCLE.
      Re read what I wrote first.
      You're 45 and have been training for 20 years and there's people in my high school in better shape than you

7. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

First time bulking tips

Please explain? I'm fairly new to this lol

8. jailynn24hb

First time bulking tips

Today must be troll day.. cause boy.. you gots to be trollin...

There is a BIG difference between (1) blood flow within a muscle and (2) damage to the muscle from stress...

IF ANYTHING, more people have success gaining size by at least encorporating low rep/high sets into their routine. There is a place for almost any combination in the process of building size. Some exercises, like Deads, Bench, Squat, are more practically suited for 5 reps and below, because you aren't going to really stress a muscle adequately in an isolation movement to build overall mass from it... plus,you can't overload it as much because you're only recruiting a very localized muscle grouping.

If you're bulking, I highly recommend trying 5x5 movements, as well as some higher rep movement like in the 6-8 and 8-10 range for other isolation moves.

9. jailynn24hb

First time bulking tips

You must be trolling, right?

10. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

First time bulking tips

I said 5-8 reps...

Tags: