• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • First Time At Gym Questions

Discussion in 'Training' started by jailynn24hb, Jul 28, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Hey guys, today I went to the GYM for the first time. I didn't really do much I was a bit intimidated at the start but I was just getting used to the whole thing. I tried to work my overall body. By the way I'm 13 years old.

So basically as I type this my back is killing me, I can't think of anything that would hurt my back. I did some benchpressing, bicep curls, running, leg press, dips, deadlifts, squats. Is it my form thats hurting my back or is this normal? Also I'm going to start using a routine so I can train specific body parts per day, I took like 3 hours in the gym.

So yeah guys is this pain normal?
      Also how can I make my form perfect, I feel like I'm doing alot of things wrong.

2. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

First Time At Gym Questions

There you go.

3. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Three hours is way to long

4. casse

casse Well-Known Member

in all seriousness i don't think a kid your age should be lifting weights, from 10-16 all I used to where pushups and when i was doing 20+ pushups no problem I wore a backpack and put some books/weights in it and by the time i got to freshman year I was benching 150 for my max 1 rep.......but everyone is ganna do whatever the fVVVck they wanna do......1. if you dont work out often then yes at first everything is going to be sore, but it shouldnt be to the point where you cant stand up straight (then ur doing something wrong) 2. Pushups, Pullups, Chinups, and running would be great at your age, I didnt start lifting till freshman year in highschool.

5. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

^ Also doing squats your first time in the gym im going to assume your form is chit. Get someone to teach you, hopefully the PT's at your gym are usefull.

6. Artguy

Artguy Well-Known Member

Thanks, I guess it's normal but I didnt really target my back. So yeah any way to perfect my form, I was thinking just watching youtube videos over and over.

7. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Your deadlift form probably phucked you over.

8. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Have a look at mark rippetoes (or however it is spelt) youtube videos on DL/squats i find them pretty helpfull. But until you get that form solid dont worry about lifing heavy ass weight.

9. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

I started lifting at 13 too, nothing serious but I think your form could be causing this pain or it could be due to your body reacting to lifting weights since its your first time

10. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

as a beginner your going to get DOMS (muscle soreness) everywhere when you go gym. Doing bicep curls will give you DOMS in your triceps (slight exageration, but you get the point). Going gym 3 hours is useless, jump on a program like babylover's ss.