• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Female MISC: What does you mean by "treat me like a lady" ?

Discussion in 'Female Bodybuilding' started by jailynn24hb, Apr 1, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Genuinely curious... we men hear/see this all the time and I never quite understood it. I've inquired with a few girls before about it and they seemed clueless (maybe it's just fun to say??)..

So what does it mean!? You certainly never hear a man say "treat me like a gentleman", or something along these lines. My guess is that it's generally a statement implying that one does not want to "get played", or interested "in games", and perhaps has been victim of such occurrences too often in the past. This is understandable of course.

BUT I have an inclination it has some "chivalrous undertones" as well (at least sometimes when it is stated). It's perplexing a bit in modern times, considering how chivalry is all but dead (thank you new feminism :p ) and my generation, both males and females, seem hopeless at ever understanding this "lost art". This sort of "treat me like a lady" line seems like a clear example.

2. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Female MISC: What does you mean by "treat me like a lady" ?

treat me like a lady...means showing dignity, respect and using manners..
      it does not mean do this for me because I am a girl. This is part of being a gentlman. It may mean opening a door for her. It always means listening to her when she speaks to you even if you do not agree with it. It is the man that offers his arm to his lady as she is walking down the sidewalk in heels. It is the man that goes and gets the car and pulls up to the door so that she does not get too wet from the rain. He does not degrade her in front of his friends...he never puts down his woman in order to build himself up in the eyes of his friends.

now I was also raised with the other half of this statement
      which means..if you expect to be treated like a lady then you must first act like one..

3. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Last edited by latebloomingmom; Yesterday at 07:57 PM.

4. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Please... continue.

What does it mean, then, to "be a lady" in modern society? These seem like difficult questions.. particularly in today's world, with the neutering, if you will, of the male archetype, and disassociation of natural gender roles.

With this disassociation, and as it continues forward toward some ultimate "equality of the sexes", I think many men are confused further by these sort of concepts such as "being a gentleman", "being a lady", etc, as they simply lose all meaning in a society void of gender association and so forth.. At some point there would be no more logic for treating a lady in a uniquely respectable manner (opening doors, etc) than the exact opposite being true (women opening doors for men, etc).

5. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Last edited by SheHadMANHands; Yesterday at 09:18 PM.

6. jailynn24hb

it's more cultural than anything. i'm originally from scandinavia where equality between the sexes seems to be a bit more advanced than elsewhere. it never occurred to me i *should* behave in a certain 'ladylike' way, or claim specific treatment based on my supposed ladylike-ness.

a guy i dated for a while would routinely open the door for me whilst saying 'ladies first'. now, of course i said thank you and i did appreciate the gesture, sort of . . . but no more than that i thought i was able to open the darn door myself, but thank you for making an effort.

my BF does small stuff like open the passenger door and it's affectionate and cute and all that. i open doors for him, too

i guess i just don't see what the 'big deal' about 'ladylike' is. if they deserve it, people should be treated with respect and kindness. i don't see what one's sex has to do with it.

7. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Last edited by Miranda; Yesterday at 09:28 PM.

8. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

You ARE a lady though, right?

9. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

And this isn't so much related to equality of the sexes, as opposed to a shift toward gender disassociation. I think everyone accepts and endorses equal treatment/opportunity/etc under the law in this day and age. The shift toward gender disassociation though, and the corresponding confusion that now follows from phrases such as "treat me like a lady", is the root matter as it goes beyond equating the well-being of men and women to attempting to imply that we are all the exact same (instinctively, physically, psychologically, etc) and should act accordingly. On this sort of "level playing ground" where a "woman can be a man" and a "man can be a woman" there is no room for ladies or no room for gentlemen.

Of course nobody debates that people should be, generally, treated with respect and kindness. I'm speaking specifically about special treatment that is traditionally rooted in male/female roles.. not whether one is entitled to be an ******* to someone because they are a woman.

10. jailynn24hb

IT MEANS treat me nice when we're around other people, but when we're alone, please pull my hair and cum on my face