• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Ethnicity/Gym & Looking Ripped

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jailynn24hb, Jun 27, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Hey!

I was speaking to a PT who told me this: (no racism intended)

White people have more fast twitch fibres, and larger level of muscle from early on than asian (e.g. indian) population for example, and black people have more muscle generally than white people, hence a lot of black sprinters. You will never get an asian sprinter in the 100m olympics, just like you will never get a black guy in the 400m swimming event at olympics due to bone density issues. So what I'm tring to say is many different people have advantages and disadvantage to body shape transformations. Nothing is impossible, but for the gene pool that is up against it, the transformation is harder and more detail is required, re food and training.

Im mixed race. I tend to look at 'white guys' as models to be like them. But now it seems Im up against it and am clueless how my genes will make me look. I may never look like the guys I want to look like :(

Is what he said above true? Is there a way of estimating how you will look given your current bone structure etc? Should I be looking for role models within my own race? Any ideas/comments?

2. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Ethnicity/Gym & Looking Ripped

Last edited by dinogoesrawr; Today at 10:28 PM.

3. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Zyzz

4. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

5. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Just get on with it and make what u can out of what u got. Nothing is a given whatever race u r!!

6. crormaSoila18

Yes. Keep training and find out. You are you and will not look like anyone else.

7. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

What mix are we talking here
      You could be the worlds first powerlifting sprinting 400m swim champion

8. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Its sad we live in a society where you can say things like this but have to attach the suffix "BUT I'M NOT BEING RACIST HERE" at the end, yeah awesome you're not being racist... Fvck political correctness p1sses me off! I agree the races do have very distinct physiological differences on average, noticing them is nothing to do with malicious racism people are just stupid and whiney for the sake of it! Look at me here bitchin' and getting in a flap like an old black grandma (now thats not racist either)

9. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

I think it boils down to subcultures of people instead of skin colour. For example Ethopians are more likely to become long distance runners due to the fact they have to run 20 miles to school and back every day but how many Ethopian sprinters are there? They're also considered "black."

10. crormaSoila18

Agree with this, but in my gym we've got big Asian guys, skinny black guys and fat white guys. As Fat Stuff said - nothing is a given.