• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Eating Contest Advice

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Canellesao, May 14, 2012.

1. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

A pizza place nearby on Route 1 has a promotion where if you eat 10 lbs of pizza with a partner within 1 hour, you win $500. You need to have at least 1 topping. 472654_10151720432500164_882750163_24266530_1738865721_o.jpg This is what the pizza looks like.

What are some tips for finishing this monstrosity?

I think some obvious tidbits are: Choose a minimal calorie topping, such as pineapple
      Don't skip breakfast- you need to have your metabolism revved up for the day
      Work out before

What else do you recommend? Reps for the best tips

Interestingly, a 6'4" personal trainer and his friend tried this challenge, and they got this far: 461639_10151720433970164_882750163_24266548_886078616_o.jpg

2. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Eating Contest Advice

I don't see how skipping breakfast would slow your metabolism

3. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Eating Contest Advice

Sounds like my kind of contest!
      I would think you would want toppings that are the least dense.
      Does something like basil leaves count as a topping?
      Just stay away from extra cheese, that sh*t is as dense as a brick and will fill you up fast.

Ive seen some pro hotdog eaters dip the buns in water to help get them down easier, might be worth experimenting with?
      If that works for you, you may want to eat all the crust first so that you're not stuck choking down a pile of bread at the end.
      Can you stick the whole thing in a blender for a pizza smoothie?

These are probably dumb ideas but what the heck.

4. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Eating Contest Advice

"Here's my advice, as an award-winning competitive pizza eater: Eat two slices at once. Fold them over each other sandwich-style, with the crusts on the outside. necessitas's tube trick would probably be even faster to eat, but I think you'd lose more time in the rolling. Since you're going for pure speed, take the biggest bites you can, using the full height of your mouth as well as the width. Have lots of water on hand to wash it down your throat and minimize chewing. Oh, and don't be alarmed afterwards when you find tomato sauce coming out of your nose. It's perfectly harmless." Can't post links yet but this seemed like some sage advice. Be careful about taking in to muc hwater or you'll become full faster. Just use it as a tool to get the food down the gullet. Find out if dunking is allowed for the harder crusts if it comes to that...and keep the components together. Nothing worse than having a big pile of cheese staring at you after you've eaten all the bread and sauce. Rep if I was helpful.

5. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Eating Contest Advice

Watch Man vs Food. Do some google searches on competitive eating. Speed is definitely an issue, that food wall creeps up fast. You're going to want to stretch your stomach. It's going to take a lot of practice. You will want some sides (ranch, marinara sauce, soda, etc... to add to add to the flavor, the taste could make you sick after too much of the same thing. Also if the food gets cold that could be an issue. I've done a few challenges in my day. Oh an watch Man vs Food, plenty of good advice on there.

6. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Eating Contest Advice

Fast the day before and workout that morning. You'll be ravenous.

7. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Eating Contest Advice

Oh and I would be careful about yoru topping..Not sure if I would pick pineapple as the sugar might fill you up quicker. I'd pick some neutral vegetable if you can stomache it like green pepper or mushroom. They aren't as filling or greasy salty likea meat would be. But if you can't stomach it by all means pick a topping you will enjoy and be able to eat not one you will barf up halfway through.

8. ismiju

ismiju Well-Known Member

Eating Contest Advice

yeh man. stay away from fats, meats and high fiber stuff . they're all pretty filling.

cheese probably already comes on the pizza

get peppers or jalapeños, or Something more expensive, so that they put less on there.

train for a while too! don't just go straight into it.

eat food like cabbage, spinach untill youre about to burst. drink a lot of water. anything else you can eat a boat load off that is pretty much water. practice eating like whole loaves of bread.

you're guna stretch your stomach. but you're guna stretch it eating the pizza anyways.

My best eating endeavours- 5lb burger with a lb of fries. in 10 minutes! free tshirt

4kg/ 8.8lb ish full english breakfast. but didn't manage the entire loaf of bread or pot of tea. so got nothing for that one, expect a picture on the wall if shame.

also drink water in the morning to flush out your system, and to stop your stomach shrinking.
      have an appetite stimulant. some artificial sweetener or even a few tea spoons of sugar about 10-20 mins before

edit- salt. salt probably would be a good idea. often your body mistakes thirst for hunger. that's how McDonald's get you buying more burgers!

9. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Eating Contest Advice

Last edited by THElabCHIMP; Today at 09:55 AM.

10. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Eating Contest Advice

Stretch your stomach out the day or two before. Eat a massive amount of really filling foods like cucumber and broccoli or protein fluff. Don't eat before the event. Go in like a lifter version of Miss Piggy. Drink only the amount of liquid you need to get the food down, and only water (nothing carbonated). Have a hell of a partner. Finally, clear your schedule for the rest of the day and a good chunk of the next.