• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Dr. Dre Beat Headphones - Anyone got them?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jailynn24hb, Sep 8, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

As per title, thinking about getting a pair (red ones, £150-180). For those who have them, how do you rate them? I had a listen to a pair earlier in currys and they seemed decent, good bass and volume and general quality was very good I felt... Listened to quite a few others and none were better, also like the look of beats more than any others..

Really want them for the gym than anything, I currently use in ear ones and they just fall out 24/7 and the quality is crap, I like how beats block out all surrounding sound, can get in the zone better and ignore those around you ! Also, anyone know of a legit source for them that's cheap? Saw them on amazon for £150 earlier, Currys wanted £180.

2. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Dr. Dre Beat Headphones - Anyone got them?

Shelling out 150 quid for earphones seems a bit mad unless you're a producer/DJ tbh

But if you've got the money...

9.99 candy headphones do the job for me

3. roger

roger Well-Known Member

Just want something decent, music in the gym makes a BIG difference for me, I struggle to train hard without some good music, and so I think it's worth investing in some good headphones tbh! Candys are good for the money if you ask me, but I'm sick of in-ear style headphones when training, and you get too much external noise..

Would also use the beats out of the gym etc so not just purely for gym, I think they'll get plenty of use, that's how I'm justifying spunking so much on headphones !!

4. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

http://store.universal-music.co.uk/r...invt/78025701/

you mean the one above? ^

I have a pair of beats, there good for the gym...blocks out the noise and doesn't fall out like you say....only thing is every teenager has a pair and it makes you look old

the other thing is they can be cumbersome when listening on your bed ect if you turn a lot like me then they get in the way so in-ear phones are better.

but for the gym there great.

im thinking of getting the wireless ones, anyone got an opinion on them?

http://store.universal-music.co.uk/r...invt/78023029/

5. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

I think they are worth it listened to my mates and if i had the spare cash i would get some. Although im pretty sure you can get some of the same quality for a fair bit less unfortunately i dont know the name of the other headphones.

6. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Go for premium quality noise cancelling earphones mate, about £75 and you'll get a cracking pair

You'll be paying more for the label 'Dr. Dre' with these I reakon

7. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

The misses has asked me do I want a pair of beats for Christmas... Liking the idea of the wireless ones

8. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

I tried a friends one and found them very cumbersome, plus they're massive and you have to store them in that case they come with which seems a pain.

Good sound quality but I prefer the in ear ones, got some decent Sennheiser ones which I just leave in my gym shorts pocket. Put them through the wash once and they still work, which is a bonus.

9. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

My lad has a set there awesome mate thing hmv were doing deal on them

10. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Quick google and some "audiophiles" discussing them seem to think Beats sound quality is crap??? They sounded good to me, a lot of bass admittedly but I like that...

Shure 750's seem rated highly, a lot of people saying they sound better than the beats, also a lot cheaper (£70-80). Admittedly one thing I like about the beats is the style, I think they are good looking headphones.. The shures dont look bad though to be fair, the problem with a lot of overhear headphones is they look far too big, stupid and just make you look stupid if you wear them anywhere outside the house!

Need to find somewhere I can listen to these Shures!