• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • DOMS advise

Discussion in 'For Personal Trainers' started by Capone, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, after my leg session i have 2-3 days of bad soreness and stiffness to the entire lower half of my body to the point where its painful to walk but on other bodypart days nothing really always the lower half. I train upper and lower with the same intensity etc is it just my legs can move bigger weight and thats it. Is this normal or am i missing something.

2. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

DOMS advise

Smash it once so you can't walk for a week, as soon as the pain goes do it again even harder, you'll be able to walk with mild pain, repeat again and you will feel about as sore as your upper body does when you train it

Have a week or two off and you have to start the cycle again

I wouldn't imagine they are any sorer than your chest was the first time you did that, I'd guess [like me] you neglect legs

I would skip legs for this reason

"Can't be ****d meeting her walking like a robot" "Can't be ****d going to town walking like an idiot" and so on :/

Just keep squatting hard

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

DOMS advise

Last edited by WilsonR6; 29-02-2012 at 07:47 AM.

4. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

DOMS advise

its normal mate I always with out fail get doms in my legs. I never understand it fully tho as I can get it on chest day as well but other than that its very rare I will get doms in any other muscle and I never to this day got doms after a shoulder work out

5. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

DOMS advise

Stretch before and after always (properly) also after your leg session go on a stationary bike and peddle at an easy pace for about 3 or 5 min.

6. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

DOMS advise

I always seem to get leg doms too, but find them slightly easier if I go on the treadmill for 5 mins at a slowish pace, stretching before and after.

7. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

DOMS advise

I used to get real bad DOMS like that but after regularly training legs, at least once a week, i found the DOMS got less...you could also try splitting the legs up so its not a big hit on the CNS...like quads mon, hams, wed, calves fri etc...also if your diet is good then doms is less i find

8. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

DOMS advise

As said, stretch the muscle out after to get rid of Lactic Acid build up

9. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

DOMS advise

I didn't think that DOMs was helped by stretching? And isn't Lactic Acid good when building muscle? (i seem to remember reading that)

10. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

DOMS advise

Yeah, Lactic acid is released by the body for energy, when It's not getting enough Oxygen ie, struggling on Squats. I've always been lead to believe, it's the left over Lactic acid/Metabolites, in the muscle after exercise that Causes the pain.. Thats why stretching out/massage relieves the pain?

Tags: