• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Depressed...

Discussion in 'Female Bodybuilding' started by herunder88, Jul 23, 2012.

1. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Ok... So week 5 I've eaten 16-1750 calories everyday ( two cheat days one at 2300 and one at 3000) I count calls and measure food daily my protein is between 100 an 150 grams a day.. Im fairly low carb 25-70 grams a day...I Lift 4 days a week with 30 min of cardio minimum 4x a week plus I walk 5-6 miles periodically 1-2 a week with a friend... I've increased my activity level aswell I clean or garden ect for an hour or more daily aswell..I started at 166... Initially my weight went up to 171-172 for the first 2 weeks then I dropped back to 168... Then down another lb then my cycle came and back up and now a week later I'm still at 168.... Grrrrrr... I don't drink enough water...I've lost apprx 5-6 inches...and I can see good definition but what the heck with the scale?

Please advise.....

2. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Depressed...

To me it sounds like what you're doing is good. I personally wouldn't worry about the scale TOO much. I used to care about what the scale says, but not as much anymore. I think it comes down to how you look and feel in the end. You're saying you have lost inches and see definition? That's excellent! keep it up!

Don't neglect water. That stuff is the bomb diggity!

Repped. Keep it up girl.

3. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Depressed...

Throw out your scale.

Go by how your clothes fit, how much fat you can grab a hold of, how you feel, how much weight you can lift at the gym... not by what the stupid scale says. It doesn't account for lean muscle mass or water weight, it just lumps it all together into one number that messes with your head and makes you doubt yourself.

4. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Depressed...

Thank you guys... I just keep thinking if that numbers not dropping I'm doing something way wrong... I was low carb for a long time and I'm trying to be more varied allowing limited carbs and I keep thinking that's the problem even though my calories are good and my carbs really aren't even that high ...

5. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Depressed...

Don't let the scale define your progress!
      I haven't lost a lb in 4 weeks (and I have at least 40 to loose), but I lost over 8" and I'm wearing clothes that haven't fit me in 2 years.
      I do become concerned when the weight goes up and try to cut down on carbs/up water intake.

6. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Depressed...

The number on the scale doesn't mean squat, it's all about body composition. You're losing fat and gaining muscle, your scale just doesn't know that!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Depressed...

The scale is a useful tool, and simply tossing it to the side isn't the answer. Monitoring the scale can ensure that you are in a deficit. Ignoring the scales can result in a lot of wheel spinning.

OP... lets go back to how you count and what you count.

What app do you use?
      What do you count?
      What do you NOT count?
      Why are you doing two refeed days?
      Why is your big refeed 3000 calories?
      What days do you "refeed" on?
      What days do you weigh yourself?
      Why are you so impatient?

You need to find a meal plan, and be consistent and patient. I would also advise you to reread the material I gave you. There is no secret to dropping weight, it's all about running the numbers.

If you are not losing weight, you are going beyond the designated numbers/eating too much... period.

8. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Depressed...

No... women can not gain enough muscle to replace the lost fat. While it may take a couple months to drop fat, it takes MUCH longer to get an equal amount of muscle.

Recomps are a very LONG process, and if you have considerable bodyfat losing the excess fat frst is a much more senseible route for those who whose goal it is to improve composition.

9. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Depressed...

WHY are you so low carb? It's no necessary.

10. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Depressed...

Stop the cheats and just stick to your deficit calories.

Carbs are not the enemy.

Oh, and get rid of your scale.

Tags: