• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Dating & Mental illness.

Discussion in 'Female Bodybuilding' started by suighja, Jul 11, 2012.

1. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Saw a similar thread in the big misc a week or so ago.

Would you date someone with a mental illness? If so, would it be under special conditions (that they are medicated/in therapy etc)? If not, have you ever in the past?

Do you draw lines between depression/anxiety and things like bipolar or schizophrenia?

pls respond.

2. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Dating & Mental illness.

LOL! My hubs calls me a crazy b*tch all the time. I think he has no problem with mental illness!

3. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Dating & Mental illness.

Yeah probably. I enjoy taking care of people especially if I care about them.

4. remstation

Dating & Mental illness.

babe you could have ibs and id still

5. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Dating & Mental illness.

I dated someone in my mid-20s who was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I even went with her to one of her therapy appointments. I did readings suggested by or given to me by her doctor.

I ain't gonna lie. It was tough, and made all the more challenging because I was her first so the attachment issues were ultimately insurmountable. It was a lot of work not only to stay educated on her disorder, but to navigate the behavioral requirements. We weren't really right for each other in the end. It's hard to quantify how much of us not being right for each other had to do with her disorder and how much of it was just because we weren't right for each other.

6. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Dating & Mental illness.

LOL! I think certain types of "crazy" are considered normal now, especially with women.

7. Marky

Marky Well-Known Member

Dating & Mental illness.

my SO's ex dated a guy who had been diagnosed with depression and on meds. she broke it off after a few months for unrelated reasons and refused to contact him despite his efforts (phone calls, texts) to get back together. he committed suicide shortly thereafter. it's been months and she's still blaming herself for it and in therapy.

i don't know any further ins or outs, but mental illness is definitely no laughing matter.

8. remstation

Dating & Mental illness.

yeah..if he doesnt want to seek help id be hesitant and also im tired of you calling out me and my ego..we're done with you im the greatest thing since optimus prime

9. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Dating & Mental illness.

That is heart-breaking and I can imagine that would mess me up bigtime.

edit: Was he being treated?

10. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Dating & Mental illness.

On serious note... my sis was with a guy who was bipolar. She had no clue at the time but she went through some major stuff with him. After they split he was diagnosed. At that time it wasn't a common diagnosis but we all knew something wasn't quite right with him. To me if you really care about someone you support them and stay with them because you love them regardless of any illnesses.