• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Dating acceptable age differences

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by Korporalegq, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on what kinda age difference is acceptable in a relationship. I typically do not worry about it myself, but just found myself today not asking a person out as I thought they might be too young for me. I have since decided next time I run into her i'll ask anyhow as I don't worry about age and am not sure why I was reserved earlier. Most likely didn't want her thinking I was some sorta old creepy guy, but when we parted ways (mind you pretty much strangers) I got the have a goodnight and rub on the shoulder. I'll go with that too mean i'm not too creepy...

2. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Dating acceptable age differences

Is she over twenty? (Or whatever the age of consent is where you live). Do you like her and feel comfortable with her? (I'm not hinting at the wild mambo; I'm just saying do you like being around her). Do you see her as an emotionally mature lady? If so, ask her out. I'm about twelve years older than my wife; we started dating when she was twenty and I was thirty-two. No biggie, and there are others on the forum who have an even bigger gap in their ages for dating or marriage.

Aeneus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line is if she's mature enough and if so, the age gap shouldn't be an issue.

3. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

If you don't mind and she doesn't mind, it really shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks. And there's only one way to find out what she thinks about it

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Well I don't ask out women who are closer to my daughters age then my own. Of course, given my wife for some reason sees no need for me to be dating, I don't actually ask anyone out. On the bright side, I haven't been turned down (by anyone other then my wife) in almost twenty years.

5. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

I always heard half your age plus 5. So if you're 50 then 30. If you're 45 then 28.

6. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

this is the exact formula my son told me just the other day..but that would be let's see now...43 divided by 2..plus 5..good golly??whew way too young..

7. roger

roger Well-Known Member

This is a great question. I guess the right answer is whatever works for you, but there has to be some guidelines. When I was in my early thirties I had a girl in her early twenties tell me I was way too old for her. It was a casual conversation and I was not actually interested in her. Ever since I've figured it was best to stay within my decade.

The thing is, I'm having a really tough time finding women in my age group that are not grannies. By that I mean they act like they are ready to retire. Maybe I'm immature or maybe women age faster, but I feel like a kid around women my age these days. There are some exceptions here and there, but I'm thinking they go away in the next decade.

8. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

And I'd be looking at 22 year olds. Oh, heck no. I'd have to start stalking them on college campuses.

9. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Yup, over 25 if you are 40, anything under and it gets into the creep zone. (not to mention angry brothers, dad)

10. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

see? this is what I am saying..I am on a college campus everyday and those kids are just babies..