• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Cutting/Bulking

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by jailynn24hb, Apr 11, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I am on a cut now, currently at 5 ft 10 and 185. But my question is....how much longer should I cut for, and then how long should I bulk and how should I bulk properly.
      I have read the stickies but what are some good foods for bulking and building that muscle? Any advice is helpful. Thanks.

2. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Cutting/Bulking

Food and hard ass training = build muscle.

Food choices are endless - steak, pasta, whole milk, whole eggs, burgers, fruit, ice cream, veggies, bacon, etc..

How are we supposed to determine how long your cut should be? It's all dependent on your goals.

3. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Cutting/Bulking

PB is right, and from my opinion, i would bulk and gain muscle if i were you, cause right now you dont have enough muscle to cut

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Cutting/Bulking

Well, what would be the best way to bulk? Add 500 calories? or should I add more than that? Less? Any advice on how to bulk besides eat and workout?

5. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Cutting/Bulking

^ Increase caloric intake to 110% to 120% of TDEE. Use a proven strength training program such as Starting Strength, be consistant, use proper form and insure progressive overload. Get enough rest.

6. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Cutting/Bulking

Stay away from cardio?

7. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Cutting/Bulking

Nope. You can perform cardio, if you want to. Just remember to factor such into your TDEE calculations.

8. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Cutting/Bulking

No. Perhaps begin around a 300 calorie surplus (or what Pug mentioned above) and monitor progress. Lots and lots of squats, deadlifts, presses, rows, etc..should be focused on.

When you bulk...bulk for at least 4-6 months. Give your body a chance to put on a decent amount of LBM.

I see people bulking for 2-3 months then cut for the same and end up with same damn physique.

Dumbassness.

So much harder to gain one pound of LBM as compared to losing one pound of fat. Be smart.

9. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Cutting/Bulking

The sine wave of failure is sad to watch. Humans, especially the ones with fitness goals, should not emulate an oscillator.

10. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Cutting/Bulking

I have read the stickies, but calculating TDEE is confusing to me. Isn't that just your BMR multiplied by like 1.3 or something for your activity level? Or am I wrong on this?