• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Cut or Bluk...HELP!! With A Photo

Discussion in 'Training' started by remstation, Mar 18, 2012.

1. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

First of all i dont know what "Cut or Bulk" mean, i have an idea though. so do you guys mind explaining it to me.

Second should i cut or bulk judging form the photos. please give as much Advise as you can, tomorrow im starting to work out.

Third judging from the photos is it a good or bad idea to do cardio before working out each day of work out (See Below). (seeing that im sorta skinny) Age:17 Height: 5'8" Weight 145.4 lb.

Fourth My workout split is as follows: What do you think of it. ("MOST IMPORTANT"). ALL ADVISES ARE WELCOMED!!!
      Monday: Traps, Shoulders, Chest, Back,
      Tuesday: Biceps, Triceps, Forearm, Abs
      Wednesday: Legs
      Thursday: Traps, Shoulders, Chest, Back, Abs
      Friday: Biceps, Triceps, Forearm
      Saturday:Legs, Abs
      Sunday: Day off

Fifth is it good or bad to work out the Abs everyday?

1DzHOJnbQvlsrZ8ImhOxV6QCG1Q4n0926.jpg
      1eQ39QT4VHtIxFTgJ5N461Mp0eMZ3817.jpg

In advance THANK YOU for taking time to answers this.

2. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Cut or Bluk...HELP!! With A Photo

i think you should absolutley do cardio and about your question wether you should bulk or cut depends on what your goal is? are you trying to just get buff or are you trying to get better at something?
      and 6/7 days working out if your only now starting that is a bit to much in my opinion

3. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

I just want to get a little bigger and get ripped, and for the 6/7 days of work out i will take it slow and light at first then jump in to the heavy weights

4. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Personally I think your split could be better. You are doing so much every single day, you should just kill off 1 or 2 muscles a day. I think you should stick to a more standard split.

Monday - Chest
      Tuesday - Back
      Wednesday - Legs, Abs
      Thursday - Shoulders
      Friday - Triceps and Biceps

Remember your muscles grow when at rest, not while working out, so you want to be damn sure that you give them enough rest. You should be doing anywhere from 9-18 sets per body part. (the biggest muscles require more sets than the smaller, obviously) Getting anywhere from 6-18 reps per set. (6-12 for compound movements, 10-18 or even more for isolation movements).

As for bulking and cutting, I would say you should try to keep the same amount of fat you have in that picture. And if you still don't know..bulking means putting on as much muscle as you can in the shortest amount possible, while putting on some fat...cutting is trying to remove fat that you gained from bulking and keep all the muscle that you've gained.

Also, if you want blocky "300" style abs, you should do them really hard, once, maybe twice a week...if you want like..skinny people abs where they are just small little bumps you should do them like 3-4 times a week

5. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

wouldn't it be 72 hours of rest for the body parts that i work out on Monday which i wont work out till Thursday again.

6. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Yes but 72 hours really is really only enough for the small muscle groups (biceps, triceps). You should really just give them a week off, you will be able to give that muscle group your 100% all to beat the living crap out of it, how many sets do you usually do for each muscle group on your thursday ? Chest, Back, Shoulders and abs is a massive day, I could barely get that properly done in 2 workouts if I tried

7. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Monday : Back/bis/lateral and rear shoulders/abs
      Tuesday : chest/tris/shoulder pressing moves/ front squats
      Wednseday: off
      Thursday: abs/calves/traps/forearms
      Friday: Back/bis/lateral and rear shoulders
      Saturday : chest/tris/shoulder pressing moves/ front squats-leg extentions-calves.
      Sunday : off

8. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Bulk = 500 calories over maintenance.
      Cut = 500 calories under maintenance.

Read this thread for help calculating your maintenance: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

If you want to gain weight, bulk. I say you should bulk. Keep protein intake very high and sleep a lot. Make sure you work out a muscle group at least 2x a week, if not 3 or more. Look up Starting Strength. Its a good routine you could follow.

9. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Last edited by crazdave; Today at 05:17 PM.

10. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Don't listen to this guy.