• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Convince me to stop Keto please.

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by defelqy, Mar 12, 2012.

1. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Started keto about six days ago. Definitely starting to feel the energy loss in the gym but also losing weight.

I've done keto succesfully before when I lost about 30lbs a few years back. I'd like to lost about 30 right now as well, but this time I have significantly more muscle mass, so losing 30lbs would be a major challenge and probably drop me sub 10% for sure.

Appreciate anyone who can convince me to try something else, as nothing else has worked for me in losing weight except running over 3 miles a day (and I am currently not in a location where I can do that)

2. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Convince me to stop Keto please.

CKD, there ya go

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Also I didn't think the belonged in the Keto subforum.. because I don't want to do Keto, I want to stop.

4. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Read the sticky on calculating calories and macronutrient needs and eat a sensible diet that includes plenty of carbs.

5. jailynn24hb

if memory serves that's a cyclical ketogenic diet... which is basically High -> Low -> Med carbs?

6. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

You lose weight on keto because you stop rating carbs and lose water weight. It provides no added fat burning to a calorie deficit and you will likely see weight gain when carbs are reintroduced. Have you read the stickies on calculating calorie and macro needs?

7. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

keto during the week w/ a weekend or once a week carb spike. you could always try carb cycling.

losing weight doesnt have to solely rely on Keto. there's plenty of other ways.

8. jailynn24hb

If you want to stop then stop. You do not need any convincing, you need a more sound approach to your diet. Keto does not offer any fantastic benefit over a more "traditional" diet. Simply eat at a calorie deficit and you will succed. Read the stickies for more information.

9. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

I think that sentence alone should be enough to convince yourself to look for alternatives. You don't need to rely on a keto diet to lose weight—you just need to eat in a calorie deficit. I would much rather recommend a regular calorie deficit that doesn't limit you from carb sources. It might take a little trial and error to find out how much you need to eat in order to lose weight, but it's well worth it I think.

10. gynybark

gynybark Guest

Hmmm. Then what is with all the talk about being in ketosis tricks your body into burning fat even when you're getting enough calories already?