• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • commited Carbocide and OD'd on my cheat day

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by fa2nzg, Oct 13, 2012.

1. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Its important to have a cheat day once a week so you don't slip up later down the road and totally **** yourself. This is something im beginning to appreciate after last Friday. Me and my 3 buddies all went out to eat at Olive Garden (no homo) this was the first day i've had anything "bad" in weeks. I've completely cut bread and dairy out of my diet the last 6 months along with a ton of other things, but soon as our waiter put down a basket of bread sticks, it was like putting crack in front of an abuser, so my mentality was.... **** it, its my cheat day... and so 6 baskets of sticks later between me and my buddy (about 12 sticks a piece), 3 bowls of zupa tuscani and my normal dinner (seafood alfredo) i was ready to kill myself. I'm thoroughly disappointed and disgusted with myself for going that hard but, i've learned from it.... have a cheat day once a week and cheat lightly. Excuse me whilst i try to wake up from the food coma.

who else has done something like this ?

2. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

commited Carbocide and OD'd on my cheat day

First of all don't cut out bread or dairy if you enjoy it. Then it won't lead to cheat days. Incorporate the foods you enjoy into your daily diet.

3. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

No it's not.

4. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

you're not the first person to go overboard at a restaurant, op.

5. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

I've substituted bread with lettuce wraps, its essentially the same thing only healthier. Dairy also sticks to your body, at least thats how i feel, im trying to get down to about 7 % BF and thus far with the small sacrifices I've made in my diet, the results have been quite amazing. Everyones body is different and my logic could be flawed here, but I'd rather fill up on carbs from potatoes then carbs from bread. I've never been to a nutritionist and i might be to strict with the diet, but my biggest fear is packing on bad weight.

6. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

The prevalence of these cheat/binge threads recently is ridiculous. The amount of guilt felt by the OP's is palpable, or else why would you make a thread about it? Like I've said in numerous other threads, fit things into your macros that you like, and you won't feel the need to binge. Practice moderation, not stupidity (i.e., substituting lettuce for bread, I mean, are you kidding me?). Unless you're prepping for a contest, in which case I retract my sentiments about your idiosyncrasies, there is no reason to torture yourself to the extent that you can't control yourself from eating a dozen breadsticks. Cheat days are unnecessary once you fit things into your daily diet that you like. It's not that difficult, and it keeps you sane.

7. defelqy

You killed a carb?

First off the problem isn't the cheat day, it's your entire thought process with regards to food. It appears you have many misconceptions and possibly a poor relationship with food in general. I HIGHLY suggest you greatly increase your knowledge of nutrition and keep a keen eye out for an ED! There are no cheat days and nothing inherently wrong with Olive Garden. There is a problem when you think Olive Garden is inherently bad. It would be interesting to know what your diet consists of each day.

8. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

I strongly disagree.

If your diet is reasonable, then there's absolutely no reason for a "cheat day". However, if your diet is so restrictive that you feel the need for "cheat days", then you're probably nutrient deficient and your efforts are likely unsustainable.

9. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Turn the page and move on... plus doesn't seem like that much anyways.

10. defelqy

no homo