• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Champix & other quit-smoking pills - your experiences.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by remstation, Jun 25, 2012.

1. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

I really have to quit now, I can't keep going like this. I love a smoke, don't really smoke much these days but know I am heavily addicted to it. My chest is getting tighter every fag, my cardio is practically anaerobic & I am feeling sick.

I know someone is bound to say, just stop you prick, but I have been smoking for nearly 30 years and feel a little help would aid my limited will-power. I heard about a drug called Champix, there is another one too (forget the name) but would like some USER input. I hear it is a serious mental health risk with depression top billing & the odd suicide occurring. I took a year to come off Mertazapine, an antidepressant I used for several years, deliberately with the idea of using an anti-smoking pills course, as I couldn't use both at the same time. Now i've been clear of this drug I want to take the smoking pills.

Can I get your personal feedback please.
      How much is will power still required? (not a silly Q, this drug is meant to block the nicotine receptors)
      How long before it kicks in?
      Depressed on it?
      Other stuff worth noting?

Thanks

2. xenogent

xenogent Well-Known Member

Champix & other quit-smoking pills - your experiences.

I think alot of it has got to do with willpower and wanting to actually give up..i gave up a while ago used patches for the first three days and was fine after that.

Ive also read/heard about chantix/champix and apparently that stuff can nasty..ie hallucinations and what not..have you tried the inhaler, gums or patches..they do say once you break the habbit you are halfway there

Youve also got zyban and tabex not really heard much of them but id go for pills as a last resort my man

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Last edited by Ackee&Saltfish; Today at 10:33 PM.

4. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Zyban has a much worse reputation than Champix. I know 4 people who have either used Zyban themselves or their partner has and they all had horrendous sides and almost total personality change. Champix on the other hand I have heard much better reports of, there are apparently some mild sides in some users but very manageable by all accounts. I probabl know 4 or 5 who have used Champix.

5. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

No personal experience but my mrs quit with champix, found them to be very effective and never suffered any sides at all!!

She started smoking again 12 months later though the tw4t,
      doc won't prescribe her it again so now she's addicted to them sprays quickmist. Been on them for 9 months!! Fcukin cost of em as well, better off smoking!! I offered to buy her champix from united pharmacies lol

6. tymherwyf6z

tymherwyf6z Well-Known Member

This website has what you need.

http://www.whyquit.com/

One of the ladies gave it out here, its very good.

Not One Puff.

7. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

My missus used champix and said they were really good but she stopped taking them as when she'dhad a drink it made her fags taste horrible. PMSL

8. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Champix made me physically ill, nauseous and weak as a kitten (nothing new)

The last 2 times I have quit (8 months and 16 months) has started with using the 25mg patches and just trying to get out of my smoking routine and avoiding smokers places. I am a mug though starting again and it is right what they say "just one" does fvck up all the effort!

9. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Thanks guys.
      Ackee&Satfish (oddest name evah!), i've tied them all, the patches i've tried several times and never really felt much. The nasal stuff just makes me have fits of sneezing & the gum.. that's like chewing pickled turds with flies in it. Grim.

10. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

When you give up you got to go cold turkey.