• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Carbs and AAS

Discussion in 'Anabolic Zone' started by jailynn24hb, Jul 25, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

hello everyone

basically I'm doing research into a cycle (first time) of maybe test 250, but the diet side confuses me. i see most people seem to do around a 40-40-20, but say for an endomorph who gains fat easily and isn't too carb sensitive, do carbs matter? of course the quality will matter (so no fast acting sugars like dextrose pwo etc) but as long as you are eating above you BMR, will you gain muscle?

Say for a 180lb man, 2g per kg of protein gives you 360g a day (so 360x4=1440 calls from protein)
      then 60-80 grams of fat ish (720 cals)

giving you a combined total of around 2200 cals, leaving around 1000 cals to play with if you take the basic guide of weight in lbsx15 to gain.

So my point is, if you only have oats with fruit in the morning, and brown rice pwo, (with maybe a shake and fine oats), will the quality of the gains be as good as say someone who hits 4000-6000 cals with more carbs (say a hardgainer), even though you are still eating above your BMR? Im very new to AAS, and i have a lot more things to read, but I've been told a few times carbs aren't essential for growth and they are the most overrated things in bodybuilding but the main factor would be hitting 2-2.5g per kg of protein per day.

I just wouldn't want to make the mistake of getting lean and losing everything I've worked for by piling on the fat again.

sorry if this is confusing, as I'm not sure how to word it myself. hopefully you get what I'm asking.

Cheers people

2. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Carbs and AAS

You might have to experiment to see what suits you but the way I eat now for bulking is this:

Heaviest Training Days (Squat day, deadlift day) - High - 400g+ 20% / 4-500 above maintenance
      Moderate Training Days (Bench, shoulders, arms etc) - Moderate 300g+ 15% / 3-400 above maintenance
      Off Days / Cardio - Low / Moderate - 200g+ Maintenance

Also throw in one very low carb (

3. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Carbs and AAS

4. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Carbs and AAS

Yep. You might have to adjust to find what works best for you but I've definitely seem the improvement with reigning in the carbs on days that are anything less than the hardest.

My net weight gains from the last cycle were less than before I implemented this kind of diet but my strength was far better and I weighed a lot less than at the end of the last cycle too. In other words, the gains were of much better quality then previous, leaving me less work to do on a cut. Never noticed any difference in the rate of progression.

Hope it works for you if you choose to try it.

Ant

5. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Carbs and AAS

If you're on gear, that's too little protein. That would be about the right amount if you're natural, but not when you're juicing. You'd need to at least double that figure.

6. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Carbs and AAS

excellent thank you. would you say you are a hardgainer, or middle of the road puts on weight and fat easily?

7. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Carbs and AAS

Christ thats a lot of protein lol. back to the drawing board i think with it all. gotta start somewhere I guess

8. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Carbs and AAS

Bear in mind that alot of guys recommend eating 500g of protein when on cycle. I'm really not too convinced about this, although I'm not ruling it out either. But - the point is - you do need to take in a boat load of protein when you're on gear in order to maximise protein synthesis.

9. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Carbs and AAS

nice one mate. if i ever get round to it, i wouldn't want to half ar$e so its good doing the research I guess. Have you personally experimented with different amounts of protein (if you are on gear in the first place), and if so how did it affect your gains?

10. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Carbs and AAS

Previous cycles have not been quite what I've wanted. I've put on a lot of weight from them but also too much fat. I then cut without AAS or on a low cruise and end up losing some amount of lean tissue, leaving me a not-as-good net gain in lean mass. I've also been through bouts of severe food poisoning which eliminated all the gains I had from an entire 12 week cycle so it's been a frustrating path. However, you learn through experience. My diet is more sophisticated than it's ever been which should set up me well for the upcoming cycle beginning the 8th August. Doses are the same as last time; Tren really helps with the quality of gains and along with diet and cardio, minimising fat. Have chosen not to try to cut again without a proper AAS cycle; it's just too frustrating and it leaves you with little margin for error with diet.

Hoping this upcoming cycle will produce some good gains. I'm in a strong position now and know where the weaknesses have been in diet and cardio.

Ant

Tags: