• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Calories to eat in order to cut

Discussion in 'Training' started by crormaSoila18, Aug 9, 2012.

1. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Hey Brahs so iv been cutting and losing weight for almost 3 months now dropped from 22% body fat to 16-17% lost 10 kg of weights i used to eat 1200-1500 calories But I just realized its a bad thing to do and it caused me to loss some of muscle so if you dont mind can you tell me how many calories i need to eat in order to cut ? im 5'8 i weight around 147-148 pounds i lift for 50 minutes to 1 hour 5 times a day i dont do cardio im 15 turning 16 in december im not usually that active apart from lifting so i tried calculating my BMI i used moderate activity since weight lifting is considered moderate , but im not sure about the results it say i need to eat 2600 calories to maintain so does that mean i should eat 2000 calories to cut ? help please thanks ohh and i get around 110-140 grams of protein a day

2. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Calories to eat in order to cut

That amount of calories is fine, but make sure you are hitting your macros.

3. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Ya im getting enough carbs and protein in my diet so is 2000 calories enough to maintain my muscle and lose body fat?

4. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Hello
      on Google search for Basal Metabolic Rate calculator- first link
      On that website you can calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate and then you can calculate your daily calories intake in order to maintain at that weight by taking the BMR

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
      If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
      If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
      If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
      If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9
      For ex., if your daily calories intake is 2500 to maintain at that weight, you have to eat at least 500 calories below that daily in order to lose weight.
      500 calories fewer daily -> 3500 cal fewer a week = 1 pound of fat
      The same applies for gaininng muscles ( 1 lbs of muscle= 2500 calorie so 2500/7 im bad at math xD)
      Eat at least 1g for 1 lbs of body weight per day ( 140 lbs body weight=140g protein)

Hope this helps

5. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

If I were you, I would eat at around ~1800 calories a day, re-feeding once every two weeks (Eating 2600-2800 calories one day). Try to aim for a minimum of 150g of protein a day as well. If you feel as if you are losing weight to fast, add an extra ~150 calories a day. Same goes for if you feel you aren't losing any weight at all, drop the calories an extra ~100.

6. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Thanks But My Only workout is weight lifting for about 1 hour 5 days a week is it considered moderate or light ? :S

7. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

i used to eat 1300 calories but raised it to about 1500 i get around 130 grams of protein i re-feed once a week i eat 2300-2500 calories im gonna start eating 1800 now and raise my protein intake to about 150 thanks a lot

8. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

That would rather be in the moderately active( same as me lifting 4 days a week 45 minute each workout)

9. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Made some edits to my original post in this thread, check it out. It's not necessary to re-feed that often, but in the end you can do whatever you want.

10. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Depends on your intensity, i've seen a whole heap of people not pushing themselves thinking they're pumping a huge workout. If you really are pushing yourself moderate, if not light.