• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Bypass Surgery

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by wakamjibu1n, Aug 9, 2012.

1. wakamjibu1n

wakamjibu1n Well-Known Member

Well I had triple bypass surgery a little less than 10 weeks ago. I am far ahead on recovery of what they tell me and am wondering who else here has had it?

How long did it take you to start lifting for muscle groups like chest, back, etc?
      How long back to compound movements?
      How long to well get back to normal?
      What meds do you take?
      Have long did it take to get back to pre bypass levels.

2. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Bypass Surgery

Holy hell he's alive!!!

Had no idea that you were in for surgery Myth.... glad to hear that you pulled through OK!

3. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Bypass Surgery

WTF?!!

Seriously, the best to you in your recovery.

[Still trying to wrap my head around this given your age and the physical shape you're in.]

4. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Bypass Surgery

I had no idea. Glad you are on the road to recovery!

5. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Bypass Surgery

Welcome back; glad your are doing better than expected.

When will you be able to train again?

6. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Bypass Surgery

Ditto! Good luck, bro.

7. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Bypass Surgery

Damn! I was wonder why you hadn't been posting around here.

I don't know anything about bypass surgery other than I don't want it.... or any other surgery.

But man I am glad you are back together again.

What led to this? I mean, did you just go in for check up and they found out you were clogged up, or did you have a heart attack, or what?

8. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Bypass Surgery

Holy hell! I'm shocked

Hope recovery goes well, John. You have family history of heart health issues?

9. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Bypass Surgery

They told me 6 months to a year before I can get back to what I call training. I have been doing a lot of cardio.

I thought I had a pinched nerve in my neck it was bothering me for about 2 weeks. I had two heart attacks and I didnt even know it. I went in when I had the second one the next day cause to be honest I cut most of my finger off when I was a kid and this hurt a ton worse. No pain in my chest. No numbness in my arms. I was getting sever pain in my jaw, neck and head. I thought I was going in to talk about a pinch nerve. Next thing I knew was in hospital and they would not let me leave. Told me need quad bypass. Happened so fast I didnt have much time to even think about it.

Yes my grandmother died at 42 heart attack, uncle 38 I think, aunt had triple bypass at 28 her son at 33. My brother had heart attack at 35 and a pacemaker put in at 40. We have family hypercholsterol. My brother was on lipitor since he was 18 and it didnt do much to save him. Two of my other brothers are at high risk.

Me and my brother who is 40 got asked to be in a medical study at UM starting in January. I guess something like 1 in 20,000 people have this and 25% of those people will die of a heart attack before the age of 55. I was told the new drugs work much better than what is out there. So hope it works. I really hate the side effects of the drugs I am taking. Plaxiv, zetia, coreg and lipitor. I feel tired and sluggish. Also they are making me gain weight and not good weight. I think it is the coreg that does it. It also makes my already low blood pressure insanely low. Like 90/50 is my normal rate now.

10. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Bypass Surgery

We have been wondering where the Mythie ran off too! Had no idea about the surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery Myth.

Tags: