• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Burning some stubborn fat.

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by crormaSoila18, Feb 25, 2012.

1. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

I am a vegetarian so my calorie intake is pretty low as it is,maybe no more than 500-800 a day. I consume minimum of 1g of protein per lb of body weight but I try to double it most of the time,and I workout 6 days a week and rest one day,I have noticed a slight decrease in fat but I want to burn faster,its very slow progress,any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Burning some stubborn fat.

Somethings not right. I dont think your only eating 500-800 calories a day if your really eating 1g protein/lb of body weight. 150g of protein = 600 calories. And if you double it most of the time thats 1200 calories. Now thats just if you consumed straight protein. And if your a vegetarian then that must mean you consume a lot of protein shakes! I think you need to go back and recount how many calories your really eating. And if it is that low, you need to double it, because your no doubt losing muscle at that deficit.

3. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

I do consume a lot of shakes,I have one after every meal,I eat around 4 meals a day and I dont always double but I try to as much as I can,and I had no idea about the protein to calorie relation...thanks for that.Ill look into it,I noticed I gain a little strength but barely any mass gains when it comes to muscle and Im not losing fat easy...I figured it had something to do with my diet just wasnt sure what I was doing wrong. Thanks for the help!

4. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Do you not eat tofu?? That is a good protein substitute right? Boca burgers? I would say try some different sources of protein other than a bunch of shakes

5. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

If your trying to gain mass you need to eat at or above your maintenance level. The best thing I can offer for you to do is read the sticky at the top of the forum, titled "how to lose fat for newbs".

Thats more then enough to get you started on the right track as far as your diet.

6. druid

druid Well-Known Member

I eat veggie burgers but not the boca ones,and I do eat tofu. I dont rely on shakes,I just use it after meals to boost in protein intake.And I do need to find some new sources of protein,any suggestions?

7. crormaSoila18

If your a vegetarian then that limits you but your not totally SOL. Im assuming you just dont eat meat right? In that case eggs(best source of protein you can find) milk, cheese, etc are all pretty decent.

8. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

I'll definitely check it out thanks,I'm not trying to gain right now though, I have already went through a bulking phase,now I just want to cut this fat then go back to bulking I feel like it will only get worse if I try bulking but Im not sure if thats true or not,I just dont want to risk making this little gut thing worse than it is,I went from 130-160 and now I should be around Im 154,I barely have any fat on my body except for my lower abdominal and its killing me,I hate how it ruins the look completely =/

9. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

I eat eggs and I drink a a lot of milk and yea I know dairy products are ok but the fat content is a little high isnt it? I guess I need to figure out a diet plan where I dont over do anything but I get everything essential right?

10. crormaSoila18

Something doesn't smell right with the OP's numbers if you ask me. How exactly are you tracking calories? Either way, if you don't want to gain mass by want to lose fat I would suggest reading up on the Keto Diet. There is a section on this forum that wil provide a lot of information about the diet. If you think it's a good fit for your lifestyle I'd say go for it.