• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Bod Pod testing: found out im a fatty

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by Korporalegq, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

So I went and got bod pod tested.
      Stats
      Height - 6'0
      Weight - 177
      BF - 24%
      lean mass - 133 (everything other than fat)

You're not supposed to work out, drink or eat two hours prior. I didnt know you werent supposed to drink water either, the chick didnt tell me that when i called so I'm hoping that threw the test off a little. In terms of definition, I can see the mid section of my abs go in a little bit and I've lost three inches in waist so I'm at 31 waist length now.

How much more weight do I need to lose to get down to like 12%?

2. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Bod Pod testing: found out im a fatty

So you didn't think you were fat,,,,then got an inaccurate bf% test, and think you're fat now?? (unless you were just being delusional before the test).

This is why people need to stop worrying about numbers.

3. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Picture please.

4. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

With a 31 inch waist you certainly aren't over 20%. I doubt you're over 15 with that waist size.

5. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Does not sound correct. Could you imagine being 135 lbs......

I know being in a keto diet that I lose 5-6lbs in glycogen and water weight, does that mean if I was to carb up so I had that weight the test would say thats fat? What about BMs they say the average person has 5-15 lbs of **** in there stomach,intestine, and colon. Thats 10-21lbs of non-fat, non-leanbodymass. So is that 21lbs counted as fat? What about water weight, are you dehydrating yourself, as you said you drank water. Imagine if you didn't drink for a day, maybe you would have been less.

This is why when I look at my weight I do it in the morning after I use the bathroom, this way I can see a steady weight. If you measure your weight throughout the day it changes.

6. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

FYI: the bodpod measures ALL the fat in your body, this includes anything between your organs etc. It is a VERY accurate way to determine your body fat % but it cant' really be compared with other methods as they only measure outer body fat.

7. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Thats exactly what I was thinking, I started Leangains around 4 months ago and I was 197 at the time. Initially strength training first month and then more so for size. I've put on a lot of muscle mass since doing leangains so far and have gone up in strength in everything (stretch marks on my chest and back)

Lee_d - I went in to get an accurate estimate of where I am at and to see what my metabolism was at so that I knew that I was doing a correct deficit and not overshooting it.

At work right now but Ill try to get a picture tonight.

8. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=175

9. casse

casse Well-Known Member

10. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Great read, but are you implying that the bodpod is more or less accurate then calipers? more or less accurate then waist/neck measurement? As accurate as it is ( or isn't ) I still believe it be more accurate then calipers and waist measurements.

If you know of a better way to measure bodyfat % that is feasible for the average person then plz by all means post it up.