• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Arms, What's wrong with these damn arms?!

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by masoven4u, Sep 18, 2012.

1. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Okay, so I've cut and bulk a couple of times now, and the reality of the situation is.. people's delts and arms are growing so much faster than mine, while mine remain.. MEH. I have long arms, and when I flex my broceps and triceps are pretty decent, but just relaxed (from the front) they look so small my brain hurts. My biggest issue is that my delts don't go INTO my arms (Like they're supposed to) instead, they just continue along with my triceps, like they're 1 piece.. (Sorry for no pics, but it's night time and bloated as hell can't take a decent pic) Anyway, question is, will they fix up? or am I condemned to have small arms with this cut once again?

2. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Arms, What's wrong with these damn arms?!

how long have you been lifting for?

3. gabarit

gabarit Well-Known Member

Is your bench and OHP 1rm up to date? Getting your bench and OHP significantly higher will do 2 things for you:

1. Increase tricep size, which makes arm appear larger from the front (well most angles actually)

2. Increase anterior delt size, which will make the tie in from shoulder to bicep more defined.

I'd focus on pressing heavier. Doing so developed my triceps way faster than isolation tri exercises.

4. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

low body fat + decent or better muscle mass = desired arms

you likely don't have much consistent lifting experience, and therefor likely don't have much muscle mass. and by your description of your delts and tricep flowing together as if one, your body fat level is likely still needing to be reduced further. once you start getting mid teens or lower, your delts and triceps should start distinguishing themselves decently.

5. casse

casse Well-Known Member

I bench 80KG 3x5, and I don't OHP I seated DB press, err.. 28KG dumbells 3x8 when I go really crazy on it.
      A year and a half now.

6. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

good advice as well, Layne Norton made a good reference about guys who could squat 700 lbs not having wimpy legs, well the same would go for someone who could bench high numbers. it's going to be hard to not have decent development if you're pushing/pressing/squatting respectable numbers. this is part of the reason why it's good to have compounds make the bread and butter of your training.

7. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Cool sounds like your 1rm is about 210. Get it up to 250+ and you will have significantly larger triceps.

8. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Definitely working on that! Though, I got up to 20% a while ago, so now I'm just cutting down to 10% hopefully! From there on I'm gonna start a powerlifting routine, because now I'm doing Layne Norton's PHAT, but I'm looking into West Side Barbell for skinny bastards, my main issue is, I have an awful fitness gym, instead of an actual decent gym, and Belgium doesn't have a lot to offer in this situation, so I'll do what I can!

9. vergeeld

vergeeld Well-Known Member

Awesome dude, keep up the good work. I mean long term btw. Finish yo cut first hehe.

10. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Thanks my man! Working the **** out of this cut, at like 1000cal deficit and still gaining strength, which is something I'm happy about!

Tags: