• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Arm Fat

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by roseinflorence, May 1, 2016.

1. roseinflorence

roseinflorence Member

All right, let's talk about arm fat. As you may have guessed, my arms are fat. :( I've been trying to tackle this problem for a while, but even though I've lost weight, my arm fat refuses to go away. I've tried lifting weights, but I am so weak. I'm only just now getting serious about this bodybuilding thing so I hope to discover some way to lose my arm fat.

Has anyone struggled with this issue? Have you any tips or tricks for getting more toned arms?

2. Jamie9162

Jamie9162 New Member

I currently struggle with flabby arms. I hate it! I'm so self conscious about wearing sleeveless tops or anything like that. I tried the 'shakeweight' but I think that whole concept is a scam. I tried to female version, perhaps the male version has a little more intensity thus it would work better. I'm not quite sure. I think once I get these arms in decent shape I will be much happier. Perhaps if I did some strength training the newly built muscle would fill out the extra skin a bit.

3. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Active Member

I think the only thing you can do is to replace those arm fat with muscle. Working out may sound hard at first, but if you start slowly and with minimum weights, and you move up on your own leisure, you will definitely find it worthwhile. I'm not saying you should head to the gym and lift barbels all day, just the small ones like kettle bell or a small dumbbell would definitely be light enough for starters.

4. fcuco

fcuco Member

There is no such thing as spot fat reduction, sorry, that's what the scientific research shows. We all store fat in different proportions and places all over our body, you can only lose fat overall, usually in the reverse order as it appeared, for example, if your tights were the first part where fat started accumulating then that's the fat that is going to disappear last. You also need to determine if you are looking at fat or loose skin, in both cases, lift some weights to put some muscle into your arms, if you are too weak, well, that's the whole point, you work out to get stronger, if we were all strong there would be no reason to hit the gym.

You'll be surpirsed

5. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

What I do is a variation of a bench press. Instead of lifting the barbell and pushing it up, I curl it in my arm so it works my forearm and tricep at the same time. You can really feel it up and down your arm and it doesn't really work out the chest at all so you will still be able to exercise that later. Another I use is taking a medicine ball and hoisting it in the air repeatedly before dropping it back down. That will give you a full arm workout as well and it's great for cardio too, gets the blood flowing.